1. FadedSpectrum

FadedSpectrum New Member

I Got Shy

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by FadedSpectrum, Oct 25, 2015.

...so I waited a bit to post my introductory thread. Haven't been in such a big community before. Hello there.

I'm a younger, amateur writer. My goal is to work my way up to becoming a professional and someday publish a few novels. There's a lot of burning ideas in my mind that I'd love to commit to paper.
    Don't worry, I've worked my way out of my awkward-fourteen-year-old-writing-fanfic phase. Thank goodness.

As of right now, I'm working on a slightly dystopic fantasy novel. I have it stored on Google Docs, and I've shown what I have of it so far to a few writer friends of mine. They seem to like it, and provided some good critique, so I would say it's coming along well. There's also a sci-fi story I have shelved until I can give it a complete overhaul.
    I wouldn't mind trying short stories sometime, if a good idea for one hits me.

My tastes leans towards fantasy stories on the whole. I'm not as fond as ones that follow a more Tolkien world format. You know, elf, dwarf, human, etc etc. There's so much more the genre could have, you know?
    In general, I like self-exploration, social concerns, character drama, false utopias, and dystopic societies. Magic's cool too, but it's best when it has a few rules.

So, that's me, I guess.

2. Imaginarily

Imaginarily Disparu en Mer Contributor

Hi new person! :cheerleader:

No need to be shy, we don't bite.

Er. Unless you're into that kind of thing. :whistle:

3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Seems you've already poked around, but in case they got missed, make sure to read the New Member Quick Start and the Forum Rules. :agreed:

Welcome to it. :-D

Wrey

4. FadedSpectrum

FadedSpectrum New Member

Thanks guys.
    That's a relief, Imaginarily! Nope, not into that sort of thing.
    Don't worry Wrey; I checked out the rules. Might reread them again later, just in case.