Tags:
  1. Freshpage

Freshpage Member

First time

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Freshpage, Aug 24, 2020.

Hi everyone,

I figured it would be appropriate to introduce myself. I've recently started writing seriously for the first time and this is my first time on a writers forum and it's making me slightly nervous. I'm excited to have a place to brainstorm with other like minded people though; instead of just my husband; who sometimes get's frustrated with my questions.

I'm in my late twenties. A Dutchie married to an Englishman. Hence english is not my first language and i ask you to excuse the grammar or spelling mistakes that might pop up here and there when I'm tired.

I actually started writing as a child; short stories. I finished my first book when i was about 15 but it was never anything i meant to take to a publisher or do anything serious with. It was mainly to prove to myself that i could finish such a project. I wrote a bit for fun here and there over the years, and recently i decided that it's time to start on that bucketlist item. I've got a non-fictional information book ready for publishing and were working out the translation and everything at the moment. But now it's time for that fantasy book that I've always wanted to write.

Thanks to all sorts of articles and social media I'm now learning more about the techniques of writing, which is fun. And I'm hoping that being here will help me with my creative writing as well.

Thanks a lot, guys. I'm looking forward to reading all your brilliant ideas!

Rzero and Kyle Phoenix like this.
  2. Kyle Phoenix

Kyle Phoenix Active Member

Welcome to the forums Fostewriter! I hope you have a great time here. :)

...and don’t worry, you are amongst fellow writers here. We all hate bad reviews. I’m sure we will endeavour to be thoughtful and supportive. :D

Rzero and Freshpage like this.
  3. Freshpage

Freshpage Member

Thanks Kyle Phoenix :) it's an exciting thing to have a place to brainstorm and be inspired by other writers.

Kyle Phoenix likes this.
  4. Naomasa298

Naomasa298 HP: 10/190 Status: Confused Contributor

Welcome to the forum.

Don't be nervous. No one will rip you apart - we're here to help each other out.

5. Steve Rivers

Steve Rivers Contributor Contributor

Your avatar is certainly the right colour, your fellow Netherlanders would surely approve of all the orange :D

Welcome to the forums, Foste! :)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  6. Freshpage

Freshpage Member

It was quite a random pic; i picture i recently used in a webinar i gave and i figured it would fit. But now that you mention ityoure right.

7. Friedrich Kugelschreiber

Friedrich Kugelschreiber marshmallow Contributor

I think we have a Dutchman or two lurking around. Welcome to the forum.

Freshpage likes this.
  8. A_Jones

A_Jones Member

Welcome! Feel free to brainstorm at me anytime. You can send me messages here or friend me on discord if you would like to voice chat. So excited to read your stuff!

Freshpage likes this.
  9. Freshpage

Freshpage Member

I would love to! Ill message you right away

10. LostArtist

LostArtist Member

I Have decided to start writing professionally, I came here I want to hone my skills, refine my style, and finally Introduce myself to the world. Working towards producing my debut novel.
    Hoping to find help, friends, writing buddies, good criticism, maybe a fan base and hype for my stories

Steve Rivers and Freshpage like this.
  11. Freshpage

Freshpage Member

yay! sounds like were on the same track :)

12. Samlet

Samlet Active Member

Hey Freshpage. I'm new too and they've all been very kind to me so far. Your English is way better than my Dutch. Welcome, best of luck and keep taking the tablets :D

Freshpage likes this.