Flame of the Crimson Rose Discussion

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Honorius, Jan 2, 2010.

1. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

Yeah they are called forwards lol

Forward would be good since they generally do the gaol scoring, but midfield helps with that also so both work

Really any position works for a hotshot, forwards just get the glory from scoring the goals :)

edit: nevermind...you already posted haha
    oh and really really not trying to sound all nitpicky and annoying (honestly) but for future reference it's would be a "half" not an "inning" lol :p

2. yellowm&M

whoa somehow I opened this like three pages behind!
    i didn't know we had started!

*sprints off to post*

3. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

Whoa great posts everyone! Yeah, I vot FM and yellow the winners. I didn't realize how important being secretive about powers was going to be... In retrospect I should have just referenced getting banned from playing w/ telling what actually happened. I'll be more careful in the future.

I particularly like how Yellow did tat thing with the blank text. Gets me wondering about her power, but I have no idea what it could be.

I did not seriously write inning did I?... I was so excited to post, I looked up the proper term and then forgot completely as I wrote... How embarassing...

4. yellowm&M

thanks hawken :)

haha its ok about the inning thing
    lots of sports have innings, just not soccer ;)

you're post was good too

5. Evil Flamingo

Evil Flamingo Banned Contributor

Hey, so I was told to put my new character in here, in order to not disturb the story. So here it is. :/

Tell me if there's any problems, I'm totally new to this, but it sounded interesting. :)

Name:
    Nathan Bowmen

Appearance:
    Nathan is a Caucasian man Norwegian decent. He is fairly tall, a height of about six foot one, but fairly slender, only weighing 170 pounds. His body is somewhat muscular, due to his background in high school on the hockey team. Nathan piercing, green eyes, that look as if they’re seeing through you to your soul. He has fairly short brown hair, but where’s a black baseball cap year round. He is always wearing tennis shoes when he is out, along with jeans. He has very calloused, tough hands, from years of hard work with his father.

Personality:
    Nathan is a very reserved man most of the time. He keeps to himself and enjoys working hands on with things. When with his friends though, he becomes the life of the group and can talk for endless hours. His mind is always racing with thoughts and worries till he sleeps. He is nice to other people when he’s talking to them, but becomes quite cynical of them when they’re away. Rarely does he ever let people know what he’s really thinking though. His friends don’t really understand him, but they have come to the conclusion that he’s kind of quirky. Nathan is also very easy to anger, but he will almost never show it. He enjoys water sports, working on mechanical and electrical things, and solving puzzles; whether they be daily trivial thing or the crossword in the Sunday paper doesn’t matter to him. He views mechanical things as art and he the sculptor. He also has a major flaw in his personality though; he doesn’t see that following laws to perfection gets him anywhere. He is willing to break laws to get what he needs, no matter what they are.

Background:
    Nathan comes from a formerly middle-class family, which has since lost their wealth by starting a new business. He is in economic struggle due to this and is working two jobs, one at an electronics repair shop and the other as the maintenance guy at Mellio High School, to support himself at his apartment. He went to the local college for one year for an engineering degree, but had to break with it to be able to support himself. Now he is stuck in the real low end of Daerg City, on the inner East side. It’s basically a cheap apartment complex that he was forced to live in. He group up working hard with his father, constructing a lot of things around the house and at his father’s old job as a surveyor. In his own free time to think, he wanders around the high school after the bell to clear his head an days he’s off at the other job. He has stolen before to support himself, and has no qualms with doing it. He has few friends left in the area he is at in the city, so he doesn’t get out to meet them much. Nathan is pretty much on his own. He picked up smoking a year ago, the ease his mind, and has smoked a pack every three days since. He used to be the star hockey goalie in his first three years of high school, but dropped it due to issues with other players.

Equipment:
    A bike, maintenance tools that the school gave him, batteries

6. losthawken

Whoa, for a minute there I thought Flamingo had pulled a 'Charlie' (no offence Lebby). Great to have you aboard Flamingo! I like how your character is so different from the rest, very creative thinking :)

Trying to guess all these secret powers is going to be fun!

7. Evil Flamingo

I can't wait to start being able to guess them, although mine is pretty easy to get the initial idea of what it is. I'm just excited for seeing how creative people get with their powers. There's so much left open for us to work with. Needless to say, I'm excited.

8. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

Nope. No Charlies. Flamingo politely PMd me asking to join and describing a power. He read my rules :)

9. Evil Flamingo

I'm a good little Mingo...haha

10. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

Hahaha

11. DustinTheWind

DustinTheWind Active Member

I couldn't think up a way to work in any hints to his power, so I didn't. Fun Fact: I actually started this early this afternoon, but got stumped on ways to quickly buff a wizard.

12. Evil Flamingo

I don't know if it's in here somewhere, but your character is missing an appearance description. Just thought I should let ya know.

13. DustinTheWind

DustinTheWind Active Member

I knew I forgot something...

14. losthawken

Hey DW, at first I thought you were totally screwing with the game! I really liked your post though, you always have such 'colorful' characters.

15. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

Dustin is good at that.

16. yellowm&M

wow everyone had awesome posts and characters!

And I think "Pulling a Charlie" is going to live on forever in the RPG section lol (again no offense Lebby :))

17. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

It probably will.

The rest of you need to post!! You've got till around 3:00 Eastern time before I move on!

You can still play if you miss the deadline, but you won't get to make your first post and will have to include that into what should be your first post. You also won't be acknowledged in my first post (Which would be a same)

18. yellowm&M

I posted :)

19. Zigg

Zigg Banned

So did i.

20. Evil Flamingo

Aye captain, my post be here!

21. Forgotten_Memories

Forgotten_Memories Active Member

I think we can see who posted!!! ¬.¬

They're all pretty good introductory posts ^^

22. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

well six of eight (Oh, and shadow reves might join too, thatd be nine)

so we still need Angel and Lebby.

You two need to post!

23. Lebby

Lebby New Member

HOLYSHIZZLE****MEISTERMCKSPAZATRONGIBBLETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One day not posting and look how left behind i am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ill post in a sec, o and as for 'pulling a charlie' Im glad i could contribute so directly to rpg lingo :)

24. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

Hahaha. Hurry up!

25. Lebby

Lebby New Member

there! DOne! it only took 3 or so hours. I noticed that EVERY character had a high tech iPod, so i thought i would shake things up with a crappy pebble mp3... Exactly like the one i own. My characters backwards like that :)

Let me know if this shizzle were goodz