1. Aldarion

Aldarion Active Member

Fomorians and Fomorian invasions

Discussion in 'Research' started by Aldarion, May 18, 2020.

Still working on history of my world. So what would be good sources of information on Fomorian invasions of Ireland and wars connected to Fomorians?

2. Friedrich Kugelschreiber

Friedrich Kugelschreiber marshmallow Contributor

Probably Wikipedia and like sites for a start. If you wanted to go deeper, I'm sure you could read the original sources for Irish myth. I believe the Mythological Cycle deals with them.

Aldarion likes this.
  3. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

google is definitely your friend here

4. Aldarion

Aldarion Active Member

Already have a collection of links. But I found references to Fomorian invasions in several Irish legends, so I don't know which would be actually useful and which only mention them in passing. I found this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cath_Maige_Tuired#The_Second_Battle_of_Mag_Tuired

5. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Its obviously a myth rather than fact, but when i googled it i found six fairly definitive descriptions at the top of the first page