1. Halcyon

Halcyon Contributor Contributor

London Brokers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Halcyon, Feb 20, 2011.

Hey guys

I was just wondering about the writing advertisements that appear at the top of my WritingForums page when I log in (for self publishing companies etc). Are these companies in any way approved by the site, or are they nothing to do with them?

I'm asking because I just clicked on a link for a company called London Brokers, who appear to be US-based, and who claim to have thousands of clients (websites, magazines etc) looking for articles to be written on a very varied range of subjects. They claim that it is completely free to register, that work is plentiful and varied, and that you will be paid directly each week via PayPal as long as you write at least $10 worth of articles.

I'm just curious as to whether anyone around here has used them or heard anything about them? :)

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

I can't testify to this particular company, but I know that the advertisements aren't controlled or checked by the site.

I'd use google to look them up.

3. Halcyon

Many thanks Grand Emperor, and keep the Red Flag flying.

I did actually conduct a brief google search but couldn't uncover anything. :)

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

that's true... the site owner/admin can't vet all ads... we have to tolerate them if we want to continue having a 'free' site...

so, always check the advertisers out carefully, before responding to any ads...

5. Halcyon

Thanks mamma.

I actually did a little extra research on this company. They are technically legitimate, but most contributors find that they are required to re-write their articles three times before they are deemed suitable, and all for a few dollars.

Strangely, many people also find that they are given plenty of work for the first month, then their accounts are mysteriously closed down, and they are informed that their "style" is not suitable! :)