Food!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Melzaar the Almighty, Sep 6, 2010.

1. w176

w176 Contributor Contributor

I had a fantastic salamon soup, with fennel, carrots, paprika and potatoes. I love a light and fresh fish soups. And garlic bread.

2. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    I had spaghetti bolognaise for dinner. I feel like a slug. ¬_¬

I would've much preffered fishy soup ^

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I like Spaghetti Bolognese, but I can't say I have tried slug. The closest I've come is escargot, which can be either delicious (tender and flavorful) or repugnant (rubbery and bitter).

Fishy soup would ne nice too, perhaps a fresh New England fish chowdah garnished with crispy bits of salt pork.

4. w176

We had a brilliant thread at an other forum once. Loads of the food we eat needs to be done in less then 20 minutes with common cheap ingredients. Me at least and I suspect many of you got a few of these recipes we use a lot.

Lets share.

Favourite recipes with:
    20 minutes or less cooking time.
    Common ingredients.

5. Melzaar the Almighty

Melzaar the Almighty Contributor Contributor

Most of my cooking runs along the lines of "bleeeargh it's Friday and I'm tired and all the food in the fridge goes off tomorrow" so I do omlettes and stir frys or fry ups or... well, generally throwing a random amount of common ingredients into a pan. :p I got quite creative in the past, but I can never remember the things I did that were best, so, um... Maybe I'll come back to this thread when I've just done something. :p

6. Eunoia

Eunoia Contributor Contributor

I thought I would revive this thread as I think I'm actually getting into cooking which is unlike me because I don't really enjoy cooking. I've been trying out some recipes from a student cook book (so all fairly simple recipes :p). I made flapjacks the other day and they were goood, only I think next time I'll add more syrup than was suggested.

Also, just been looking at sweet recipes I can do with puff pastry and oh man, it's making me drool so much. When I've been shopping, I'm going to try making these chocolate crescent wraps (they look like basically cheap chocolate croissants), and chocolate raspberry pillows. Yuuum. Oh I wish I'd discovered these recipes earlier, I'm craving these so much.

7. w176

If I would recommend any cake recipe on a international forum, I would go for Kladdkaka / "Gooey cake". It a chocolate cake sort of like a Brownie but is should be have a thin crust and then a gooey inside and soft and viscous center.

You can pimp the basic recipe with any number of ways, from adding hacked pieces of white or dark chocolate, to adding nuts or orange peels. You can eat it warm, cold or reheated. It is sometimes eaten with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

Metric
    2 medium sized eggs
    3 dl sugar
    100 g butter
    1,5 teaspoons water
    4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoapowder
    1,5 dl flour
    1 pinch salt
    1 tablespoon vanilla

Imperial
    2 medium sized eggs
    1 cup and 4 tablespoons sugar
    3.5 oz butter.
    1,5 teaspoons water
    4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoapowder
    ½ cup and 2 tablespoons flour.
    1 pinch salt
    1 tablespoon vanilla.

Weight
    2 medium sized eggs
    290g sugar
    100 g butter
    9g water
    35 g. unsweetened cocoapowder
    15o g flour
    ½ gram salt
    9 gram vanilla

Turn the oven to 150 C ( 300 F ). Lightly grease a pie tin. Whip egg and sugar until combined, add flour, salt, vanilla and water and combine. Melt the butter and whisk in the cocoa. Add the cocoa butter to the egg batter and whisk until glossy. Pour the batter into the greased pie tin. Bake in the oven at 150 C ( 300 F ) for 35 min. Set it aside to cool and then eat it or wait until the next day, it tastes even better then.

The cake may wobble when removed from the oven but that isn't a problem and if it is too gooey for your liking, just pop it in the fridge over night and it will become more solid.

Recipe quoted from here: http://www.ffrenzy.com/Recipe/kladdkaka.html

8. Mezza

Mezza Member

I have seen that recipe before! or something just like it! A friend of mine lived in Russia for a couple years, I can't remember where and he brought it back with him. They are amazing! I WILL be making one tomorrow!!

Ok so I've just finished the recipe, and made them, and now I've eaten that recipe, and it is gorgeous!!

9. w176

Cooked a spicy soup with arame seaweed today. Easy to use, light almost non existence taste, but took in the taste of the soup nicely. Firmer consistence then wakame, somewhere between spaghetti and fresh herbs.