1. The Piper

The Piper Contributor Contributor

Formatting Issue In Word

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by The Piper, Jul 28, 2020.

Hi everyone!

There's probably a ridiculously obvious solution to this, but I can't figure it out. I'm writing currently in a word document that I've formatted to go straight to KDP. I've used the exact same template before (as in the exact same - same fonts, same sizes, same placements, everything) with no issues, but somewhere in the process of deleting the text from before to type in the blank space, I must have changed something.

I've attached a picture which (messily) shows the problem I'm having, but in simple terms: the paragraph at the bottom of every page automatically shifts to the top of the next page if the whole paragraph can't fit on the last. Does that make sense? That is to say, if I reach the bottom of a page and keep writing, instead of pressing return, the paragraph I'm working on refuses to split in the middle and continue on the next page, and instead jumps to the top of that next page.

I'm sure it's just a formatting option I've ticked by mistake or something, but if anyone could point me in the direction of fixing it that would be great, thank you!

Piper

upload_2020-7-28_22-32-45.png

2. Naomasa298

Naomasa298 HP: 10/190 Status: Confused Contributor

Steve Rivers likes this.
  3. The Piper

The Piper Contributor Contributor

Brilliant, thanks so much. Sorry to create a whole thread on something so simple, panicked! Really appreciate the help.