France spying on its own citizens. Telephone, e-mail and social media networks.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JJ_Maxx, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Justin Ladobruk

Justin Ladobruk Active Member

I mostly ignore you due to your political naivete and general university-style, mythical worldview. I know better than to engage with someone like you. If someone else asks the question, I'll engage them, but you won't have another reply from me for some time.

2. Justin Ladobruk

George W. Bush has an estimated IQ of 119.8 to 130. Google is your friend.

3. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

Nuh-uh! George Bush is dumb because he talks with a southern accent and he got into an illegal war and made tons of money from Haliburton and Dick Cheney in oil! He is dumb and he is the sole reason our country is in a mess! Everything wrong in this country is his fault! Bush Bush Bush!

4. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

I don't doubt the variables you mention but we did turn the tank factories into car companies and the plane manufacturers into commercial airline makers. There was also a boom with women joining the workforce.

There are multiple variables in any economy, it's quite the wieldy topic. Trying to boil it down into absolutes is hazardous.

In the meantime, you have not yet addressed the fact I agree the general economy is not best stimulated by military spending, but the corporations that do profit have enough political power to affect things like the 'war on terror' and its subsequent government investments.

5. GingerCoffee

Something tells me you just believe different myths. ;)

6. GingerCoffee

If you don't think a war based on a lie and the massive debt buildup under Bush wasn't bad for the country, that's a serious problem.

But moving back to the IQ issue, 120-130 seems to be the most evidence based number estimated from his known SAT scores.

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=292960

7. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

Not what I said but there is a massive problem here with illegal immigrants who can't work or collect social security, drugs is a way out for these people as is in many countries.

probably because you have no answer. We know you are pro-Israel, hence the anti-muslim all knowing stance.

I thought JJ said that. And rinkydinky.com or linkydinky.com or whatever probably had it right :)

8. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

I think we need to get back on topic and away from the intelligence of an ex-US president.

9. blackstar21595

blackstar21595 New Member

I need to get out of my bubble because I thought it was obvious that this kind of thing occurs all the time.

10. Justin Ladobruk

More myths, unfortunately. The companies that built those weapons already existed, they just got contracted to make weapons. Had Europe's manufacturing sector not been obliterated in WWII, America would have been faced with a crippled economy post-war, rather than an economic boom. It had that large of an effect. This subject is well researched amongst economists, just ask a few.

Corporations only have so much sway. If the so-called 'military industrial complex' really wanted to make money, they would push for loosening of arms trade restrictions and for America to stay out of conflict zones, then they'd flood conflict zones with weapons. This would be far more profitable and far easier to do politically than getting America into economy crippling wars over and over again.

11. Justin Ladobruk

Something can tell you that all you want, you'd still be wrong. I rarely come to a conclusion on any topic, especially geopolitics, until I do in depth research. I have been meticulous in learning to understand geopolitics since I was a young teenager. I don't have the patience to get a university degree due to ADHD, but I have learned to read between the lines and where to get information. I test my theories with time and see if I'm right in the long term. I've become very, very good at this.

12. Justin Ladobruk

As I said, I have answers, but not for you. We're done, have a nice life. :)

13. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

The funny thing is that we spy on France too so really it's a large clusterbelt of spying. Nobody is the good guy here.

14. maskedhero

maskedhero Active Member

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

15. maskedhero

maskedhero Active Member

I do find it funny that we got another leak about the US spying on the EU. That's the sort of spying governments are supposed to be up to.

16. Justin Ladobruk

The world is a nice shade of grey.

17. Dante Dases

Dante Dases Contributor Contributor

Keep it civil, guys. I don't want to be handing out infractions and warnings.

18. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

Govts have been spying on each other since the year dot, the problem is when they spy on civilians and build profiles on individuals, for purposes we are yet to experience.

19. GingerCoffee

There are some jewels in this talk I watched yesterday:

CSPAN - Hacking, Leaking and Investigative Journalism; Jun 9, 2013

In particular the direct ties between the government spying and big corporations. So if one were to hack the corporation to reveal corporate wrongdoing, including law breaking, the US went after the hackers, but not the corporate wrong doing.

I'm curious if other government citizen spying has similar goals and connections to the private business sector.

20. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

I think you misconcepted my tone of reply. It wasn't out of frustration or anger but a reminder of what the world is.