1. Ruckus

Ruckus Banned

Freedom or simular sites

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by Ruckus, Mar 2, 2019.

Does any one here use the Freedom or simular (like rescue time) website to block themselves from the internet while writing?

While rewatching a interview of Neil Stratuss I was reminded on the Freedom website.

I am on the fence about buying a year of service (again) ($20 with code on site) to block myself form well this website/ you tube/ steem it and all other distractions that tend to suck up my writing time. I use to think I had the discipline to avoid using the internet while I was writing but often find myself on a website with out even realizing it.

I still need the discipline to start the service each day but that is a much easier task to stick to (maybe have my wife start it for me) I don't think they have a app to block my phone also but I believe that they partner with a company that does.

I wanted to throw this out there and see who eles, if anyone, struggles with web distractions and how they handle it. My goal is to allow myself maybe a single hour a day (combined or all at once) for all of my internet usage. that includes reasearch.

I think I will give myself more time one the weekends (three hours or so) so I can save all my reasearch type work for then.

anyways I have rambled enough for one post. Let know your take on this, I'm interested in reading about it.

2. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

I use will power and self discipline both of which come free and ready installed in my brain. Also its handy to have the web available while writing for fact checking and research purposes

deadrats and Matt E like this.