1. Smoke

Smoke New Member

Pathetically Begging for a Jump-Start

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Smoke, Apr 16, 2011.

I'm not in the mood for my normal fare, and I don't have any other ideas cooking.

I'm in the mood to write a stupid short drabble (a couple thousand words at most) about either a single person or two people living together. Magic is real, but most people who aren't them would not believe in it.

That's all I got. Deciding whether it's funny, angsty, dramatic depends on what happens.

They need a problem, and I don't know what it is. Please help.

2. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

The dog got out and they're late for work so they have to use magic to get him back?

1 person likes this.
  3. DeNile

DeNile New Member

A dog is found on the doorstep of a two characters, friends, genders don't matter. This dog is magical and has powers. It flies. cue the friends having to chase it. How's that sound?

EDIT: Woah, Trish and I both thought of dogs

1 person likes this.
  4. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

Two men have brought up the older mans daughter and younger mans four sons together. They have responsibly and openly taught them in many ways when the youngest boy comes home - he has got a girl pregnant. Secretly they are kind of excited about their first grandchild but they are also mad as hell at him.

5. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

Really obnoxious apartment roommates who hate each other? haha I can give you lots of specific examples there.

6. Azeher

Azeher New Member

I've never been good with drabbles or one-shots. Everytime I try to write one, I end up coming up with some elavorated story that would need at least ten-twenty chapters to be portrayed.
    But I'll see what I can do... the thing is you don't give many details which leads me to take it in a rather comical direction.

It's a magical world, however with time, people stopped using magic and even believing it existed sometime. Now the concept only remains in books. There are two roomates that are completely opposite from each other and subsecuently it's not easy for them to co-exist. One is lazy and careless while the other studious and responsible. In a rushing day the responsible one calls the lazy one, asking him the favor of getting a science book for him from the town library since he needed to perform an experiment. The lazy guy accepted, however, took a wrong book and brought it home. While doing the experiment the responsible guy ends up releasing a chaotic magical force with the shape of a sexy woman who wants to take advantage of them both.
    From here on you can continue with the story as you wish. I don't think writing it takes you more than the couple of thousands words you wanted. ^^

1 person likes this.
  7. Smoke

Smoke New Member

I kinda like that one. Sorta Card Captor Sukura meets Weird Science. Might even lead to some good graphic sex scene practice.

8. Azeher

Azeher New Member

Lol I hadn't thought about the Card Captors Sakura thing, but now you mention it, the book stuff resembles to it.

Glad I helped you out ;D

9. popsicledeath

popsicledeath Banned

They're trying to meet a writing deadline, and aren't able to come up with anything creative on their own, so they summon a genie to do the work for them? It would be a comedy, of course.

10. Smoke

Smoke New Member

LoL, too much irony for my tastes. I at least have an iron in the fire now, and possibly another one. I used "pathetically begging" for a reason. :)