Frozen

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Gothic Vampire Queen, Jun 7, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Gothic Vampire Queen

Gothic Vampire Queen New Member

Which is why I posted this in here :p

I'm into women. Honestly, I was tired of reading about the "man" falling for the innocent "women". I always wanted to write a vampire woman falling in love with another vampire woman. I personally think that the whole, "vampire taking a human and turning her" is too overplayed, nowdays. Thanks to that piece of crap they call a book; Twilight.

It's written in chapter four, already.

Here's a brief excerpt:

“A year ago, she wanted to be the person who was in charge of the blood bank for our kind. The Council, knowing her history, would not let her be in charge of our blood. She would consume all of it, no doubt. And now, she created this club to change mortals into immortals. It‘s disgusting. It’s very frustrating to think that she is three-hundred and twenty-five years old, and she is still acting like a child.”

2. AJSmith

AJSmith New Member

This forum is very helpful, but I honestly couldn't imagine it being as effective in helping flush out ideas and work out kinks as a real person. The instant feedback of a live person cannot really be replicated on here. When bouncing ideas off of someone, their instant feedback helps stimulate ideas and get the conversation rolling... there is a lot of lag time in a forum conversation. :)

3. theSkaBoss

theSkaBoss New Member

Bingo, found the important information.

Vampire waitress bites woman. Woman falls in love with biter. You're still writing about "vampire taking human and turning her," even if you think it overplayed. In fact, it sounds like all you've been able to write thus far. (Am I wrong? Do you have anything written past "she got turned into a vampire?")

So it's not that you need to take the reigns. It's not that you need to figure out how to move it forward. It sounds more like you need to just go ahead and write a story about two vampires. Sound hard? It isn't. It's just not what you're writing.

I don't like vampires (even pre-Twilight.) Just not a fan. However, you obviously do like them. That means that you can write about vampires and I can't, so I'm obviously no help in advising you about how they ought to interact or talk, or how plots should work, or any of that stuff you're trying to get help with. But I can give you this one bit of wisdom.

You stated what you always wanted to write. Vampire A loves Vampire B. Simple. So why are you writing about Vampire A biting Human B, and Human B is now Vampire B, so Vampire B has these mixed emotions about Vampire A, who has a very different set of mixed emotions about Vampire B?

So let go of the lady at the diner. You don't need her. She's a human waiting to be made into a vampire. You don't want to write that. You can keep the waitress vampire. A vampire being a waitress sounds interesting. But what you need now is another vampire.

• Can you do a vampire customer at the diner? Does she get bitten, and the waitress only then realizes they're both vampires? Are people watching?
    • Does vampire waitress meet vampire bartender on her day off?
    • Does vampire trucker meet vampire waitress as vampire trucker's passing through town?
    • Does new coworker waitress vampire meet veteran waitress vampire on the job, and there's lust that begins to get served in some back room, and they both discover the other by biting the other?
    • Is the waitress part just a minor detail, and they just meet as two vampires, perhaps feuding at first over a target?

Those are situations involving two vampires. No humans to be turned vampires. I figure they're probably closer to what you want to write.

4. TheWoodlandSage

TheWoodlandSage New Member

My advice is to draft out a rough outline of the plot of the novel, and then further expand upon the sections raised in a second draft. Take some time to draft out the history behind the characters, themes and concepts contained within the piece, and further expand upon them, also within a second draft.

Summarize everything in a third draft for both the plot and concepts/themes/characters, and use that as a guideline for crafting the story itself.

Just my $0.02

5. _Lulu_

_Lulu_ New Member

I agree with everything you said!

----

Here's another idea (I've never been a fan of vampires (books or films) so no idea if it has been done before or not).

What about the diner being run by vampires? and their mission is to turn all their customers into vampires, it could be set in a small town and they could put on an event to bring in more customers than usual. Their mission can be greater, such as to take over the world which stemmed from a prophecy set in that town. So if the diner was run by vampires she could be inlove with another vampire waitress who is possessed by jealously and problems will arise if the vampire she was inlove with bit another woman?

That was just from the top of my head lol. Hope you find something that works. Good luck.

6. Reggie

Reggie I Like 'Em hot "N Spicy Contributor

Agreed. With an outline, you can see the foundation of what the story looks like. I also use Syd Field's paradigm to help me see the whole picture of the book before I even expand the ideas. Then in most cases, I work around the paradigm in my first draft to help me to know what to write.

7. Gothic Vampire Queen

Gothic Vampire Queen New Member

Very well. Thank you *sigh*