Full to Top with Facebook

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by EdFromNY, Jul 19, 2015.

1. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

I use facebook for what it was originally intended for...

2. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

Seeing if a girl is single?

3. 123456789

Facebook was conceptually founded on a program used to rank college girl's photos. I saw The Social Network so I am on an expert on FB history...

4. No-Name Slob

No-Name Slob Member Supporter Contributor

Everyone is constantly annoyed with Facebook. Their problem is that they're taking it far too seriously. If I have a friend who posts something I disagree with, I roll my eyes and move on. If I have a friend who constantly posts offensive/abhorrent things on Facebook, I delete them or hide them from my newsfeed.

Then I continue with my life and enjoy the pictures of babies and funny anecdotes from those I wish to stay in contact with. It just doesn't have to be as dramatic as people make it out to be. In the same vein, I try to refrain from posting some kind of dribble that reinforces my own superiority in the circumstances, because I more than likely annoy some people from time to time myself without even realizing it. At least, that's what I've noticed about those on my newsfeed who constantly bitch about how annoying everyone is on Facebook -- they're usually the only ones whose holier than thou mentality is annoying me! Lol.

Disclaimer - this doesn't apply to what you've said here, and I'm not saying that it's a reflection on you to post it. The two aren't necessarily related. :D

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  5. Lemex

Oh so am I, so am I doctor. Maybe we could write a paper on it! ;)

123456789 likes this.
  6. 123456789

Facebook is whatever you want it to be- girls on yachts, cat videos, and stupid shit, or baby pictures and wedding, if that's what you're into (lame), and of course there's political rants and ice bucket challenges.

Your newsfeed is essentially a reflection of your soul. Some of us will not like what we see...

7. Lemex

Was wondering why my feed is either friends' posts, quotations from Homer, and a lot of jokes and LadBible.