1. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

Bug Report [Solved] Fund Raiser

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by OurJud, Sep 18, 2016.

Can someone please explain what's going on with the fund raiser pot?

First off let me stress that I'm all for contributing to the upkeep of this place (it's the only forum I've ever felt like this about, because it's the only forum I've ever known that has been genuinely useful and helpful).

However, the target figure of $183.00 was reached several weeks ago (then emptied to make room for continued donations) and the finish line has now been sitting at 'A few moments remaining' for at least three days.

2. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

It's $183 per month, not a one-time thing. I guess it's still there because the target hasn't been met this month.

Which reminds me, I've been trying to donate for days but PayPal won't accept my debit card. I wish there was another way...

OurJud likes this.
  3. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

I've wondered the same thing for a while. Something seems to be wrong with it. For a while it sat at 0%/$0 even though there were enough donations to fill it up (can be seen if you click on it).
    @Tenderiser is correct that it isn't a one-time thing, but it hasn't been updated for a new month. Also, there's usually only one every two/few months since ads cover up for a lot of the costs.

I'll send a message to Daniel and see what's up.

OurJud likes this.
  4. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I sent Daniel a message as well. I'm thinking the date fields simply didn't get updated in the widget-thingie-doodlebop.

OurJud likes this.
  5. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

So is this a new thing? If it's an-going request to help fund the monthly costs, how come I've never seen it before?

6. Komposten

It's there every once in a while, mostly depending on ad revenue (I think). Sometimes additional money is needed, sometimes the forum pays for itself.

OurJud likes this.
  7. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

I've been having that problem with my visa as well - i suspect the issue is with paypal not with this site

Tenderiser likes this.
  8. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

It's definitely not the site but PayPal claim it's my bank and the bank claim it's PayPal... So there's nothing I can do. :(

9. Komposten

According to Daniel the fund raiser has been set to be recurring every month, but the "A few moments remaining" thing was a bug. I think it should be fixed now, and the description updated to reflect that it's for a new month.

OurJud likes this.