Tags:
  1. Caveriver

Caveriver Active Member

Funniest dare you can think of...?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Caveriver, Mar 19, 2018.

Greetings all,

Having some trouble brainstorming a funny dare for one of my characters to do. Basically, it's just a comical moment to break up what is otherwise a serious, emotional scene. I'm not much of a prankster, and I tend to err on the too-serious side, so I've come up with exactly zero funny ideas here. I would love to hear what some of you come up with. Maybe that will help me get the ball rolling.

This would take place at a company, season-end formal bash for employees who otherwise would have no reason to ever see eachother dressed up. You can imagine, everyone is a little nervous and very out of their element. This fellow has (more or less) lost a bet, and now has to complete some sort of embarrassing task.

Thanks for any input in advance!

2. izzybot

izzybot (unspecified) Contributor

I immediately thought of the scene from Cabin in the Woods where a character is dared to make out with a taxidermy animal. Probably not appropriate ... but I dunno, is there booze at this bash? :D

I'd try to think of whatever is most in-character. Who proposed this dare in the first place? What would they think the most funny? Are they trying to seriously embarrass the other character, or only tease him a bit -- ie, is it light-hearted or a little more mean? Is it general hijinks or tailored to what would affect him the most? What ramifications do you want there to be for this incident? Do you want people to remember it as hilarious because it's a funny thing to happen, or more likely experience second-hand embarrassment on the guy's behalf and feel sorry for him?

Basically, before brainstorming for what the dare itself should be, I'd do a lot of thinking about what you want the dare to accomplish in the story.

Andrew Alvarez likes this.
  3. Caveriver

Caveriver Active Member

Yes, booze :agreed:

It is meant more as a lighthearted tease. General hijinks... I suppose there could be some consequences to his actions- but nothing too serious. There will be some important company bigwigs as this party, but no one will be losing their jobs over this situation. Also, I would say it just needs to be a funny thing to happen- I don't think there is much that would embarrass this character, and he has an excellent sence of humor.

You make good points. Thank you.

4. O.M. Hillside

O.M. Hillside Senior Member

Sneak up behind hot coworker and recreate the titanic scene where he holds her hands up.

Jump on table and say: "HEY EVERYONE, I'M A LITTLE BITCH." and run off.

Twerk.

Lap dance.

Go right up to someone (guy or girl) and kiss them.

Hug someone (preferably a guy for added comedic effect) for a really long time and whisper "I love you." and then start caressing them.

Dress up like a woman and act like a woman.

Perform (sing and dance) a popular song.