1. Rumwriter

Rumwriter Active Member

Councils

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Rumwriter, Oct 6, 2014.

I'm writing a satire script for a current television program. It's set in modern day, but in the script I have a council meeting that I want to have parody councils from sci-fi/fantasy works. Just looking for some ideas. So, for instance, I'm thinking about having the council take place at Rivendell. Other ideas could be something like the Jedi council (which I don't like as much). Anything else that really stick out in your minds?

Thanks.

2. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

You could use the Citadel Council from Mass Effect.

"Ah yes, protagonist. We will dismiss any and all claims you make until the threat you were warning us about is literally bombarding our home. Why? Because you are the protagonist and we're supposed to represent the corruption of the side of good, that's why. Now off with you and defeat the evil all by yourself!"

3. LetaDarnell

LetaDarnell Member

"Because we are all old men with no actual reason why we are a council or and we don't actually represent anything. Our job is to sit here and be wise. We have recited to you old prophecies and sayings said by nobody important to our culture whatsoever and we follow them strictly whenever we feel like it with no rational backing for such a decision.

Now, let us stroke our long beards in peace."