1. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Broken Fable Discussion.

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by lixAxil, Mar 9, 2015.

The place to talk OOC (that or the chat), post character sheet, discuss things, get way off topic, etc.
    I want to recall that this game is open to any idea you may have (previous PMing it though). Also the atmosphere will be a bit dark and I want to make it also crude at my style, thus be warned.

2. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Sorry it took me so long to get this approved :(

May the festivities commence!!

3. BrandonrockstheAM

BrandonrockstheAM Active Member

Name: Karen Taronsky
    Personality: Constantly witty, light-hearted, open-minded, and sarcastic, she is a person one can always trust to tease anyone about something. She doesn't go easy on anybody. She uses this to get her mind off all the experiences she's had in the past. She's incredibly smart and decisive. She has a very strong sense of duty and morality. She has no barriers on her sexuality, and has a very high libido. She's a very open person.
    Role: Soldier
    Appearance: Wears the soldier uniform. She owns long black hair in a ponytail streaked with grey, a rounded nose, and bright brown eyes. She has very prominent cheekbones and a large smile.
    Background: Grew up in a well-off family, where she graduated the cadet academy with top marks and started flying up the ranks of the military. Very close with her grandparents, her grandfather giving her a crossbow to fight with. When he died, she inscribed his middle name into it, and upgraded it to suit her needs.
    Skills: Excellent with various types of guns, and is very physically adept as well. She is very flexible and acrobatic, known to be the second-highest jumper and fourth fastest runner in the military. She is very adept and accurate with her personal crossbow.
    Weaponry:
    -Nicholson 5.8-A personal crossbow Karen upgraded herself. Deadly force, fast reload, and explosive might multiplied by three results in a very potent and dangerous weapon. She carries it on her at all times.
    -Tazer-Stuns opponents. Straight forward. Standard equipment.
    -Other standard soldier equipment
    Cell: LK-89: Converts magical energy into potential energy, which is redirected straight into Karen's Nicholson Crossbow. The more potential energy the bolts have, the bigger and more powerful the explosions are.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  4. lixAxil

Woah, first CS!!! Yay! took a bit of time, but I hop this helps other get pumped into this.

So, you're free to pick either to begin at the train or at the battle

5. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Hmmm

I shall make a character then but must think

6. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Name: Henry Turnabolt

Personality: Henry is a very calm and collected individual but is ninety percent of the time to far buried in his misery that he seems like an incompetent drunk to most people. Henry has one of the most recognizable faces in Godwana and one of the most infamous in Laurasia.

Henry is an ex-soldier, disgraced and discharged nine years ago. He was once a decorated war hero and looked up to by many of younger cadets.

These days he’s considered a borderline sociopath with a drinking and aggression problem. Henry is known to barley tolerate Laurasians as well, being somewhat openly bigoted towards them.

To put it simply he's a bitter bitter old man who's wide eyed days and loyal days are long behind him.

Role: Ex-Soldier (he was discharged nine years ago for unknown reasons

Appearance: It varies but most of the time simple street clothes. He's a man that stands just at 6'0 and has clear gray running through his dark hair, The lines and battle scars on his face show his age as do his grey eyes.

The days of being fresh faced have long passed him up.

Background:Henry went through the academy like most children of nobles who had an interest in a military career, he graduated with average scores in most areas and his post academy military career was much of the same.

They saw him as an average grunt with no talent who only got the job he had because of the family he came from.

Unfortunately young Henry came out of his shell.

Henry might have been an average soldier in combat ability and tactics but one thing that set him apart in those days was his vicious nature, his second year in the military he committed his first in a long list of atrocities by burning a Laursian elven family to death and taking various children hostage.

Many of the Lausrsians and more well regarded soldiers considered him a sadist and still do now.

He’s had his hand in many a massacre but his career was brought to a screeching halt after he attempted to commit an act of what is considered treason.

Due to his passed service he was simply dishonrably discharged and now spends his day doing a small time mail service (legal and illegal items) for just enough to get by.....and get a drink.

Skills: An average soldier with an average skill set but can be extremely violent and brutal if the situation calls for it.

Weaponry: Whatever he finds or is given to him but he does keep a pistol holstered around his waist.

Cell: It doesn't matter, he hasn't used it in a long time and doesn't plan to anytime soon. (TBR)

Other:

7. Lancie

Lancie Senior Member

Name: Mae Harrow
    Personality
    : Usually quiet, Mae is often overlooked though she is extremely stubborn, selfless and determined.
    Role: Doctor/medical corps
    Appearance: Shoulder length dark brown hair, usually pulled into a rough ponytail. Mae was caught in an explosion a few years earlier and her left arm is missing below the elbow. The left side of her face carries some scars. She always carries at least two first aid kits strapped across each shoulder along with a flare gun.
    Background: Mae lost her arm three years earlier in an explosion while tending to the wounded in what should have been a safe zone. She could have used a cell to replace it, but couldn't get hold of one right away. When she finally did, she decided to give it to someone who needed it more.
    Skills: She'll stitch you up good under gunfire.
    Weaponry: Because of her single arm, Mae can't cope with heavy weaponry. She carries a small hand gun as a back up but uses a katana style sword when necessary. She's experimented with various attactments to her missing arm but hasn't settled on anything permenent (cross bow, flail, flame thrower etc)
    Cell: Mae's Cell allows her to make an umbrella like barrier, bigger the barrier and the longer it's up, the faster it drains

8. lixAxil

@Lancie Although a character must be PMD before being posted (So I can check it), this one is cool to go.

9. Lancie

Lancie Senior Member

Oops, sorry. Glad it's ok

10. lixAxil

Well, you're free to go.
    EDIT: You're free to either pick the train or the battle situation.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  11. Lancie

Lancie Senior Member

Stupid question: Do I just post what I've written now?

12. lixAxil

Your first time RPGing? xD

If you wrote a scene with your character you're totally free to post it in the game thread.
    Just remember, the game thread is only for in game/in character situation. Any question, discussion, character sheet or random stuff goes here.

13. Lancie

Lancie Senior Member

Yep it is :s

14. lixAxil

I feel like playing this for the situation

15. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

Name: Jack Fray
    Personality: Jack is cynical and a slight misanthropist, preferring his work to the people around him. When he is forced into social interaction, he is usually sarcastic and insulting, deciding to remind the world that he's smarter than them, at least in his mind. Because of his views on humanity, so might label him overly pragmatic and rather cold, shrugging when people die next to him before crying. He is incredible intelligent, building and maintaining devices his own devices that most people wouldn't understand. His sense of morality is rather lax.
    Role: Soldier (Engineer Core)
    Appearance: Wears a soldiers uniform. Jack has brown hair that is kept short to stay out of his eyes. He is tall and broad, with stern features and green eyes.
    Background: Originally from a run down area, Jack found himself joining a "rough" crowd, where he discovered his talent for machinery by selling weapons and tools of his own design. Eventually he was arrested for stealing military grade equipment, and was conscripted into academy as an engineer.
    Skills: Highly skilled in hydraulics, robotics, and electronics, as well as most other acts that might require welding. Little skill with guns or weaponry, instead using his gadgets in a fight. He's as athletic as he needs to be, but has a good amount of muscle from carrying shipments of parts.
    Weaponry:
    JF Multi tool V3 - Fitting on his right arm, the multi tool contains his regular engineering equipment, as well as some situational weaponry such as a Tazer and flamethrowr, but the more exotic items overheat the tool, preventing him from using it.
    Minotaur Class Shotgun: A very large gun specifically designed for taking out the larger creatures on the other side of the border.
    Standard Soliders Equipment.
    Cell: XV Power cell: Used to power most of his tools and devices as a conventional power source would be too large. Also imbues the them with electrical energy. Jack always carries a spare.

16. lixAxil

Good another player. Btw I guess you already noticed that the game advances slow, fear not for that was the idea.
    I have a busy life myself hence the slow pacing, but well it's also a period of slow activity within the forums roleplayers.

17. halisme

Fine for me, I'm new to this style so having it be slow is probably for the best.

18. lixAxil

@halisme For some reason I've been asumming your character is a young person (relatively young). Hope I'm correct.

19. halisme

Relatively yes.

I'm going to wait till another person posts before my next reply. No point getting to far ahead with jus the two of us.

20. lixAxil

That's fine, I'm reading a VN anyway and have to work out in a couple of minutes

21. lixAxil

All right, those in the border battle, it's up to you, but this is like a good moment to strike the giant fire beast.
    Those in the train operation, well you're now unconscious, feel free to write the moment when you recover consciousness if you feel like, assume though that a certain time had passed.

EDIT: Or you could do what Jack did, made me laugh a bit xD

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  22. Lancie

Lancie Senior Member

I was waiting for those trains to derail :eek:

Out of interest, how far is the train crash from the battle?

23. lixAxil

The battle is a diversion (that didn't really worked as such) hence the battle is kinda faaaaaaar. The train's soldiers hve another objective

24. halisme

It's not running away, it's a tactical retreat. ;)

Lancie likes this.
  25. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

Hi all, I'm looking forward to writing in this!

Name
    : Alexis Hernandez

AKA: "Chameleon"

Role: Soldier

Appearance: Alexis is of Latino ethnicity with caramel skin and dark, brooding black hair, styled short. He has a bushy goatee around his mouth and a chameleon tattoo rising from his back around his neck. Not your typical looking soldier, Alexis is short and thin but is still incredibly athletic.

Background: Growing up in the ruins of New Rio, there were a lot of hard knocks for Alexis and his family as they tried to survive each day. If it wasn't the lasarrians bombarding them with magic, or the human gangs demanding constant protection money, it would just trying to make it through the day. Hardly any food and only dirty water, it was a difficult life which served to make Alexis stronger.

But it wasn't all doom and gloom for Alexis and he made as much as he could out of life. He was an upbeat and positive child, always a kidder and a friend to anyone who needed it. And stuck in a world where crime is easy and gangs are safe, Alexis kept the good morals that his father had instilled in him.

That's not to say he wouldn't do wrong - he'd happily steal, but to survive and to support his family. However one day he was caught by local authorities and given an ultimatum, join the military in a youth academy or lose his hands. His father was elated - a roof over his head and food in his belly - but it was a bittersweet moment for Alexis. It has been 22 years since.

Skills: Alexis has an incredible gift for marksmanship, with eagle eyes that can spot the smallest detail and lightning quick reactions on the trigger. Combine that with his small stature, Cell and talent in stealth, he leaves his enemies chasing shadows.

Weaponry: The Pincer XPF-10 Sniper Rifle or as Alexis calls it "El Diablo" is his most prized possession. He is so protective of his weapon that he sleeps with it in his bed, safety on of course.

Cell: As his AKA suggests, Alexis' Cell allows him to turn into a chameleon of sorts. The Cell is based on stealth camouflage and bends the light around Alexis to turn him and anything he holds invisible. If he lays still the Cell consumes a very small amount of battery, but if he moves it will last less than a minute before requiring a recharge.