Game of Thrones RP OOC/Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Dagolas, Feb 12, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Glen Snow

Glen Snow New Member

Thought I'd jump in. 'Sup everyone.

Name:
    Errys Dondarrion

House: Dondarrion

Bio/Story: Errys is the eldest son of Terren Dondarrion. He spent more of his time in northern Dorne than in Blackhaven. Where he fell in love with a young girl named Jesira Sand at age 19. He would frequently sneak through the marches into Wyl to see her much to the disapproval of his father as he believed bastards to be naturally deceitful. They continued their tryst for three years until Jesira abruptly disappeared Errys looked all over the city and hired people to search for her. They only brought back rumors that she had boarded a ship bound for Lys. The relationship left Errys emotionally scarred and distrusting of bastards.
    For the last 5 years Errys has patrolled the Dornish Marches for bandits and entering tourneys . He spends as little time in Blackhaven as possible. Staying only when his father is away at Storms End he wouldn't even bother returning if it weren't for his sister Lyssa. He has earned a reputation for his tournament victories and his unique style of fighting with a bearded axe and light armor mixing the lower Storm Lands style of large weapon with the Dornish style of footwork.
    Now he travels from tournament to tournament leaving lesser knights laying on their backs and trying to talk his way into the higher houses. He yearns to rise above his current title and to leave his mark on history, by whatever means necessary.

Occupation/Rank: Lord of Blackhaven, Prefers to be called Ser.

Personality: Jaded, distrusting(only of Females and bastards), loyal to those who are loyal to him, Very ambitious but lacking in family resources. He prefers tournament fighting over the real thing.

Appearance: He has long wavy brown hair pulled back, clean shaven, 5' 10” , semi muscular, hazel eyes. He has a scar starting at the corner of his lip traveling to the tip of his chin. He wears the traditional house colors of house Dondarrion, Black and Purple, when at court or tourneys. He wears a common un-embroidered jerkin everywhere else.

Other: He has a tendency to stick his tongue out when he's fighting, he's not quite sure why.

KILLABLE (WARNING: DEATH IS FINAL) by others?: YES

2. Dras

Dras Active Member

Ohhh my my my.... Rowen is going to have quite the time with this person, considering she is both female and a bastard ^^. Your arrival would be perfect as we are running a tournament collab at the moment. @Dagolas can we keep him?
    *puppy dog eyes*

3. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

Yep, accepted the character.

4. Dras

Dras Active Member

Yay! Subplots!

*hugs glen and starts rubbing her face on his chest*

We can keep you ^^

(4:30 a.m. after bein up all night. Forgive my action teehee ^^)

5. Poziga

Poziga Contributor Contributor

hehe, I thought you guys might like this :D

[​IMG]

Also I posted my character only to Dagolas, I think it's only fair if you know him as well :)

Name: Eddic

House: none/Ranger at Night's Watch

Bio/Story: Was a criminal, and like many others had a choice of death or going to The Wall. He chose the latter and under watch of commander Jon Karstark, he became an experienced and loyal soldier. He was on a lookout with the Ranger that got an arrow to his throat. (the one Dagolas mentioned in the description of this RP).

Occupation/Rank: experienced Ranger

Personality: Loyal, good warrior, but now, after seeing White Walkers herd, he is not complitely himself, he is in sort of a shock

Appearance: Sharp facial lines, brown eyes, hair only on right side of head, on the left is a burnt scar and the ear is missing. His figure is nothing special, common of a 49-year old soldier.

Other: He has a habit of touching his phantom ear.

KILLABLE (WARNING: DEATH IS FINAL) by others?: YES/NO
    You can kill him, everybody can die in Game of Thrones. :D

6. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

Everyone freaks about the deaths, but I find most spoilers come from events or plot twists.

7. Poziga

Poziga Contributor Contributor

But in the GoT deaths actually are the biggest plot twists. At least the important ones: Ned, Robb, Robert Baratheon... :)

8. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

Saw those coming a mile away tbh. They obviously couldn't let Ned or Robert live, and the whole "Robb won every battle thing" stank of pride before the fall.

9. Glen Snow

Glen Snow New Member

Happy to be "kept".

A few are pretty easy to spot coming, King Robert, Robb and Eddard, but some aren't. I won't start listing them, spoilers and all, I'm sure most of us have read Dance with Dragons but it would ruin someone's day if they hadn't.

10. Dras

Dras Active Member

Sadly i'm only on the second book so yeah no spoilers further then that lol

Poziga likes this.
  11. Glen Snow

Glen Snow New Member

*Noted* No Spoilers.

My first post is a bit dialogue heavy...I get caught up in conversations sometimes...

12. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

That's fine, we're just wrapping up the tournament.

Is there a timewarp between your post? (As in, Erris is at the tournament?)

13. Glen Snow

Glen Snow New Member

A moderate one yes, probably should have added that. I had the messenger have somewhat dated info to make Errys' arrival more malleable. At least that was the idea. :)

14. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

Right, I'll add you to the tournament collab (a collab is when everyone chips in for a big collective post, you react to what others add to the mix, as it were), you could probably be in the next joust? (assuming Dondarrion is jousting)

15. Glen Snow

Glen Snow New Member

Sounds good. Yeah he jousts though he prefers the melee.

Quick question: Can characters die in the tourney or is it a nonlethal moment? It would suck if someone rolled a 1 - 20 and took someone out of the game.

16. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

Pretty non-lethal, a lot of the combat is situation wise. (A 20 with your fists doesn't rip the opponent's head off, you might get a bloody nose or something).

17. Glen Snow

Glen Snow New Member

Fists? Who's using fists?

I was talking more along the lines of the joust. A 20 to the head there might do quite a bit of damage. I was thinking that a 20 to any major area would result in an unhorsing.

18. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

Yep, but I'm just saying, a lot of combat rules are situation wise (as with the example of fists, it won't kill a man).

19. Glen Snow

Glen Snow New Member

Alright, I got ya now.

20. Dras

Dras Active Member

Umm, as a martial artist fists can kill a man. Shove the nose bone into the skull and they can die from brain damage. Crush the trachea they can die suffocating. A very hard hit to the lower end of the stamen can lodge a piece of the bone into the heart. Kidney's and internal bleeding. A knuckle into the temple of a man's head. A very hard kick to groin area can also cause death in a male.

Just sayin ^^

21. Glen Snow

Glen Snow New Member

Yeah but there's a significant lack of martial artist in Westeros. There may be water dancers or other fighters from the free cities who fight like that. I see Westerosi knights fighting more like boxers or bar brawlers. A lucky hit maybe...

It'd be interesting to read about a character, maybe Lorathi or Pentoshi, who fights unarmed...

This is...painful to read. :D

22. Dras

Dras Active Member

That's just the thing, a lot of those moves only require a hard hit. Just about anyone can do them with the exception of the heart one. Gotta know where the bone is on that one.

23. Oak7ree

Oak7ree Member

I want to give a heads-up, as I'm going to join the FDF (that is, the Finnish Defence Forces) in about two months, and I will stay there at least half a year, maybe more. Just saying that I am not here to play the game of pointy chairs on as regular basis as before.

24. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

Wow, sure, the Army's more important. Good luck.

25. Dras

Dras Active Member

Wow, that cool of you ^^ Good luck!