1. CrossWiredGarden

CrossWiredGarden Member

Garden's Progress Journal

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by CrossWiredGarden, Oct 24, 2016.

So I noticed this, and I think it would be a good way to make sure that I am constantly on myself for keeping the progress of my novel actually going on.
    Currently, I am working on the outline of the novel Demonized, which I have no idea of the projected length of it. I have up to Chapter 9 outlined, finishing the first story arc I wish to cover. There are 3 story arcs in total that I want to have.
    After the outline, I don't know if I want to launch right into writing the chapters, or if I wish to make character sheets for each one of the main characters. I'll decide on this once I'm closer to finishing the actual outline of the novel.

2. CrossWiredGarden

CrossWiredGarden Member

So, upon consideration, I think that it would be best for me to update this daily (or at least, before I head off to bed and the such) just to make it more of a habit to get into and that I am able hold myself to working on my stories daily.
    So today, I only managed to finish the second half of chapter 10's outline and chapter 11. I wanted to write a bit more, but I didn't exactly know how to progress at that certain point. I'm hoping some sleep will be able to help me figure all of it out.

3. CrossWiredGarden

CrossWiredGarden Member

The daily thing didn't actually work out. Mainly because I had a lot of other things going on and I didn't really have time to work on my story yesterday.
    However, today I was able to finish chapter 11-15, starting on chapter 16. I'm starting to head into the final arc of the story, and I'm just starting to get everything wrapped up into a good ending. Once I'm all done with the outline, I'm planning on starting to write the actual chapters. I'm going to be posting them in the workshop at least 3 times, so I can work out a lot of the bad things. Hopefully, 3 times should be enough or at least leave me satisfied with how the chapter is going.

4. CrossWiredGarden

CrossWiredGarden Member

I just finished the outline of Demonized. In total, it looks to be about 23 chapters. I'm sure there are going to be a few changes to everything, including how many different chapters there are a few other details. There are a few points where I am a bit worried about the plot, however, the best thing to fix that is to just work through it and try to hammer them out.
    I'm so happy that I've even got this far, this is the closest I've ever gotten to actually finishing a novel. I'm going to try and start up on the actual writing a little bit tonight and some more tomorrow.

5. CrossWiredGarden

CrossWiredGarden Member

Alright, well I wrote a bit of Demonized tonight, finishing up the prolog and starting to get into the first chapter. I have about 1613 words currently. I'm probably going to be focusing on this a lot so that I will be able to finish up the first draft.
    If I have any free time without my laptop, I'll probably get to starting on outlining my second novel idea, which I don't have a title for yet, nor a really stable plot.

6. CrossWiredGarden

CrossWiredGarden Member

I was able to pump out 1717 words of Demonized today in under an hour. Since I'm just working on trying to get the whole first draft out before I get down to the dirty part of editing, I'm planning on trying to write for at least an hour each day.
    Demonized is now at about 3330 words, and I am working on the start of chapter 2.

7. CrossWiredGarden

CrossWiredGarden Member

In about 1 hour, I was able to get 1672 words out for Demonized, now standing at 5002 words. So far the prolog, along with chapter 1-2 have been completed and the novel it around 9 pages on word. At this pace, I should be able to finish the novel a little bit before November ends, then I will begin to review and edit it.

8. CrossWiredGarden

CrossWiredGarden Member

Another hour of writing today and yesterday. Demonized has chapter 1-4 completed now, with around 16 pages in total. I had to go back and add a few paragraphs to a previous chapter as I had to mention something that was rather important to say for later on plot twists. One of the characters has been renamed, and I think that I will be changing another character's name as it doesn't suit her. A few other minor characters still need names, which I will have to think of between today and when I plan on writing tomorrow.

9. CrossWiredGarden

CrossWiredGarden Member

I got a little bit busy, so I haven't been able to keep this up-to-date. However, I am still writing, trying to keep up with my daily writing goal. Demonized is about half way is done in its first draft. I've gotten a few friends would are open to beta reading the chapters once I have finished editing them through a few times. It's pretty exciting to be so close to being partway done with my first novel.

ToDandy likes this.
  10. CrossWiredGarden

CrossWiredGarden Member

Demonized is now has 16 chapters completed with 25047 words. I'm actually pretty close to finishing up the first draft. It's closing in on 50 pages in word, which should be a pretty good length book by itself. Hopefully, when I finish editing it and everything it will have more words and pages so that I'm happy with its length.
    With my other novel outline, I was able to talk to one of my friends and she helped me figure out a good plot line for the whole thing. Hopefully, I'll be able to make it up to the standards that I have for it.