1. Timorous Tim

Timorous Tim New Member

Timorous Tim Says Hello Everybody

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Timorous Tim, Oct 30, 2016.

Greetings One and All,

My name is Timorous Tim and I am not so timid a man as one would think by my name however I am both timorous and tumultuous at the same time. We all have this within us so I am no exception. I just choose to embrace it.

First off I am a husband, father, grandpa, uncle and brother; I love all animals great and small and have an aversion to those who do not.

I fear I fall into a minority of sorts when I say I love all people everywhere and do so from a sense of spiritualism deep set from an early age.

Things I do not like are any of those things that endanger truth, equality, charity and moral and ethical uprightness, especially when it harms mankind and the earth's many inhabitants, be they human or animal. Vast? Yes. But inclusive and the way it was meant to be in my opinion.

I have traveled and been privileged to know many places and peoples in this world of ours and I have found that in every single instance all humans are alike in their desires, hopes, dreams, intellects, spirituality and more. It is my life to embrace all of this and not just part. That is why I love writing poetry and reading others poetry so much. It tells a story about the person and opens a dialogue on a plane that transcends the baseness of lower thought and prejudice. It gives an insight of one's humor, loves, hates losses and fears. Poetry embraces humanity on a level that can only be described as transcendent.

Born a dirt farmer from the Midwest I left home at fourteen and traveled the United States by rail, plane, bus, car, boat and even horseback. Hitchhiking and riding the rails gave me an insight into humanity that most people will never know or see in their lives, it also taught me that life is precious from the hobo begging on the street corner to the executive on Wall Street. Know one is more important than the other.

I finally settled down to married life and now have memories and friendships that are as valuable to me as all the gold in the entire world. I love my life and life period for that matter and look forward to many more years for creating new memories with new people from all over the world and creating as much poetry and short stories as humanly possible.

Let others just be themselves.

Just be myself.

Just be yourself.

In short…

…Just Be!

Genuinely penned,

Timorous Tim

cydney likes this.
  2. Scot

Scot Senior Member

Welcome. I too am all of those things, except I am perhaps quite tolerant of those who dislike animals.

3. Timorous Tim

Timorous Tim New Member

@Scot And so there you have it. Let others be as they wish. You have the right to think and believe as you wish and I respect that. Thank you very much for the welcome and I look forward to checking out the forum from here on out.

4. cydney

cydney Banned

Welcome Tim. :)

5. Timorous Tim

Timorous Tim New Member

@cydney
    Thanks a bunch. I appreciate your welcome and look forward to reading some of your works.

cydney likes this.
  6. cydney

cydney Banned

I agree. I believe in freedom, freedom of speech. Unfortunately, lately, I've seen instances where freedom of speech endangered the freedom of others - something I wanted to believe would be non-existent in my world, my writing world - but I'm so caught between I can't write anymore. I DO wish YOU the very best & that it never happens to you. :)

7. cydney

cydney Banned

Sorry, Tim. Don't hold your breath. I don't really write anymore. BUT there are writers I love. LOVE dearly, with all my heart. I miss them if I don't visit their writing.

8. Timorous Tim

Timorous Tim New Member

@Carly Berg Thank you for the welcome.

@cydney Keep the chin up and when your feeling in a slump or feeling like you don't want to write any more then perhaps that is the thing to write about. Doesn't have to be in a proper form or even a story maybe some prose or free verse with your feelings on a subject would be just enough. Doesn't even have to be long. A line or two would do. Just get it out. Anyway, that's what I do and it seems to help. Keep me posted.

cydney likes this.
  9. cydney

cydney Banned

thanks, tim. I guess I'm afraid of criticism.

10. Timorous Tim

Timorous Tim New Member

@cydney Never fear criticism for it helps us to grow.

cydney likes this.
  11. cydney

cydney Banned

Yes, positive criticism helps.

12. Timorous Tim

Timorous Tim New Member

Absolutely correct.

13. ThistleMae

ThistleMae Member

Happy to hear from you. Love your philosophy. I am a animal lover myself, used to love them more than people. Had to work on that. I'm an old, retired gal....working on my third novel rewrites. Some days it flows, other days it's easy to ignore. But I'm determined to polish my three novels and get myself an agent. This site has helped me dig deeper. I'm definitely improving and reading other works and tips is helping me. Welcome!

14. Timorous Tim

Timorous Tim New Member

@ThistleMae
    Perfect. Thanks for the howdy and hope to be able to read your work soon. Same with me also with the edit and re-write. I'm trying to juggle too many stories at once I think. Anyway, thanks again.

15. Lady Fickle

Lady Fickle Member

Hi Tim, you look like you are taken directly from a Karl May novel! I used to read a lot of these when I was a kid... Good to meet you!