1. Midnight_Adventurer

Midnight_Adventurer Active Member

Genre Confusion: I'm either stupid or somethings missing.

Discussion in 'Genre Discussions' started by Midnight_Adventurer, Mar 24, 2010.

Hi everyone,

Like my title suggests I'm either stupid or something’s missing so bear with me for a second.

I've noticed all the different genres posted on this site, from romance to horror and so I’ve been thinking about where my novel (that's in its early stages) would fit in and ya no what? it doesn’t!
    My novel is a Matthew Reilly inspired one, if you don’t know who he is he's an Aussie author who writes, well I guess you'd call them Action/Adventure novels. His latest one is called The Five Greatest Warriors- good book too :)
    Anyway my point is my novel is Action/Adventure too but this genre isn’t posted anywhere on this site.:confused:
    Does anyone else write in this genre? Or do I fit into a different one?

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Novels are not divided into subforums on this site. Makes such decisions much easier, aye?

3. Midnight_Adventurer

Ok i guess, but in the Short Story section there are sub-forums for specific genres, so where would you suggest I could post my novel? This is hypothetical, I have no actual intention of going this.

4. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Assuming the forum requirements for critiques prior to posting have been met, then scroll almost to the bottom and you will find the area for prospective novels.

Remember that if you have aspirations of publication in the future, then only post small excerpts of your work. Small pieces are "friendlier" to the would-be reviewer and have less of a chance of causing you issues in the future should you wish to submit your work for publication.

As Cogito has mentioned, only the short stories are subdivided, not the novels.

5. Midnight_Adventurer

Oh ok I get it, see I told you it was either because I'm stupid or something was missing, lol. And dont worry I have not intention of posting a massive chunk of my novel anywhere anytime soon.

Anyway thankyou for the replies :)

6. arron89

arron89 Banned

For the record, Matthew Reilly is considered to be either crime or general fiction by his publishers/booksellers, depending on the title in question. Most action novels fall under the crime umbrella.

7. Midnight_Adventurer

Funny you should say that becasue I did some research and I found out what genre his novels fitted into yesterday, but thanks anyway oh and I love your quote its hilarious!!