Tags:
  1. izzybot

izzybot (unspecified) Contributor

Would this count as advertising?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by izzybot, Sep 12, 2017.

I was tooling around with my profile due to being very bored, and I had the thought to toss my publishing credits into the about me / bio section. No links, if necessary, just the titles and names they were released under. But I wasn't sure if that would break any forum rules about advertising - I remember something about not having book links in signatures but can't recall all the details and can't find the pertinent info now.

I wouldn't make any money off of it - god knows that ship's sailed - so I'm not sure it even counts, just thought I'd make it was cool before I went ahead.

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I don't really think this would be problematic at all. A) You're an established member, B) we have an area in the forum (Success Stories) where you clearly qualify to post a thread about your work, and C) the nature of the rule you are politely trying not to violate is that what we don't want is a forum filled with threads that are advertisements from people we don't even know, using us as nothing more than a billboard* and then leaving because they have soooooooo many Important Things To Do™ other than participating in our community. You are, and have clearly been, a keen participant. ;)

ETA: Let me caveat this by saying we also don't a forum filled with forum posts wherein members answer question after question with a tortured segue to plugging their books, and again, what you are asking doesn't feel like that at all to me.

3. izzybot

izzybot (unspecified) Contributor

Rad, danke :)