1. DoyenCae

DoyenCae New Member

Getting started... Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DoyenCae, Jul 9, 2020.

Hi, I am a prolific novel reader, lately listener as I can consume audio books for 9 hours each day while I work. I have always longed to write a novel. I have written many songs, a bit of poetry, done some music journalism but I find the construction of stories difficult. I am currently studying a creative writing handbook by the Open University and keeping a notebook of writing excersises and ideas. I'm not exactly sure what I want to write about yet. I am torn between my fascination with the history and aftermath of the Soviet Union, and my love of literature that explores idiosyncrasies of the human condition. Imagine Miranda July writing a spy novel, that's where I'd like to be!

Steve Rivers likes this.
  2. Kyle Phoenix

Kyle Phoenix Active Member

Welcome to the forums DoyenCae! It sounds like you have a lot of great ideas, so I hope you enjoy your time here. :)

Steve Rivers likes this.
  3. Steve Rivers

Steve Rivers Contributor Contributor

*mutters something about wishing he could listen to audiobooks whilst at work* Lucky sod.

...Ahem, welcome to the forums Doyen :)

4. Dogberry's Watch

Dogberry's Watch Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2022 Contest Winner 2023

Hello and welcome. Hope you like it here!

5. DoyenCae

DoyenCae New Member

Yeah, it's brilliant. I get to blast through really long epic classics that would take forever to get through in print. Also the quality of the narrators gets better and better as audiobooks have become more popular.

Steve Rivers likes this.