1. bluebell80

bluebell80 New Member

Ghost stories

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bluebell80, Aug 12, 2009.

I was thinking about it while I was posting in the idiosyncratic thread, and wondered if anyone else has any ghostly type stories, or things relating to the supernatural.

My ghost story happened at our first apartment, an upstairs one bedroom in an 90 year old house. After we moved in there was this feeling, like we were being watched. Both my husband and I felt it. It felt like we were never alone in the apartment even if we were totally alone.

One night we were in the bedroom, all the lights were off except for the little light in the kitchen. The bedroom was at the front of the house, the kitchen was at the back and the living room was in between the two.

Laying in bed all quiet, we heard the floor creak, which was normal for an old house, then we hear a noise that couldn't be explained. Our entertainment center was one of those big ones with a large glass door and magnetic clicking button to hold the door shut. When we turned the tv off that night the glass door was shut and clicked in. While laying in bed, we heard the glass door magnet click and the glass bump against the wall.

I, of course, was freaking out. My husband jumped up flipped the light on, grabbed the shotgun and went into the living room, expecting to see someone in the house. He stopped in the doorway and just stood there for a few seconds. So I got out of bed and looked around him. The glass door was wide open and there was no one there.

He went out and shut the door and we went back to bed. About ten minutes later, as we were starting to doze off, we heard it again. Again the door was wide open after we had clicked it shut. I don't think either of us slept that night.

About two weeks later, at night again, we were in the living room, television was off, and I had a little lamp on next to the couch reading a book. My hubby had fallen asleep next to me. I was starting to get tired so I put my book down on my chest and was staring at the black television screen. You know how if the TV is off and there is a light on in the room you can see a reflection in the TV, well I saw a woman standing in our bedroom doorway behind us.

She was older, probably in her fifties, wearing a light colored old fashioned night gown. Almost waist length, light colored hair, and she was looking at the back of my head.

I whipped my head around, but there was nothing there in the doorway or behind me. I turned back to look at the TV screen and she moved slowly out of the doorway, flowing almost, to right behind the couch, right behind me! My heart stopped. I held my breath, totally unable to move as I watched her stretch her hand out and what looked like a caress of my hair. I just watched her in the screen. She smiled at me and then moved towards the kitchen doorway. She turned back to look at me and smiled again and then moved through the doorway and I could no longer see her reflection.

A calm came over me after that, like I knew she wasn't going to hurt us, in fact, she might have been watching out for us in a way. I wasn't scared any more.

I did a little research on the house after that and found out that a woman, in her early sixties, died about 60 years ago in that house during a massive flood. Her name was Caroline (I can't remember the last name now.) I never saw her again while we lived there, nor did we have any more noises that were unexplained.

So what are your ghost stories?

2. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Your story just gave me chills.

I don't have any stories like that, but just a couple days ago, we were hanging out at my brother's house and the two of us started talking spooky stories. I had never heard of moth men before this, but he told me that supposedly they either appear to lead a person away from harm or they appear to lure a person to harm. Anyway, he told me a story about one of his friends who has seen one.

The guy used to work as a truck driver, and the company he worked for delivered to dairy farms. Usually, when a trucking company got assigned to a dairy farm, that same company would deliver there for a good chunk of time. There was one farm, however, that kept getting shuffled through company after company. Finally, his company got assigned to it, and one of his coworkers started delivering there. A few months in, the guy went to his boss and told him he couldn't deliver there anymore. Wouldn't say why, just refused to go. My brother's friend got assigned there instead.

The farm was a little ways out there, and by the time he got to it, it was pretty dark, middle of the night. He said every time he went there, it gave him the willies. He didn't know why, just being near the place creeped him out. But he continued to go, never saw anything weird, until one night he got there and had to use the bathroom. He was coming out of the bathroom, and there in the hallway he had to walk through to get back out to his truck was this huge guy with burning red eyes. He said his mind just couldn't accept that he was seeing what he was seeing, and he stared straight ahead, wouldn't look at it, and kept walking. The thing he saw filled up most of the hallway, and when he got to it, he just passed right through it. Didn't look back. Didn't run. Just kept walking, straight through the dairy to his truck, and drove away. After that, he started finding excuses to go to that farm later and later, until finally it got to the point that he was getting there a little after dawn. One day a little while later, he got there just after dawn, and there were police cars everywhere. It had been payday the day before, and one of the Mexican men who worked on the farm had been on his way home when a group of white guys jumped him, stole his money, and severely beat him. They made the guy swear not to tell who it was or they would kill him, and the police told my brother's friend that he was lucky he hadn't gotten there earlier. If he had been there on time, the group of guys probably would have just killed him to make sure he kept quiet.

Crazy stuff. If it had been anyone else telling the story, I would have thought the guy was making it up, but my brother doesn't buy into stuff like that lightly, and he would never have passed the story onto me the way he did if he thought his friend might be pulling his leg.

Man, now I'm thinking about creepy stuff and I'm too jumpy and nervous to get up and go to the bathroom...

3. bluebell80

bluebell80 New Member

Hidden, did you ever see The Mothman Prophecies with Richard Gere? It's a freaky movie about that exact thing. It is like an urban legend kind of thing, but freaky nonetheless.

I do have another one, from where I used to work. It's an Inn up on the Chittenden Reservoir here in VT, called Mountain Top Inn. Now, before anyone ever told me any of the ghost stories, I had an experience while working the 3-11 pm shift at the front desk.

There were two floors in the hotel, from the front desk (in the middle of the hotel) there were two wings, the north and the south wing. The north wing was new, it had been built after the fire. The south wing had survived the fire and had been refurbished. This hotel was a bit over 100 years old, having been a large farm before with Irish indentured servants and all. The entire older part of the hotel had just a creepy feeling to it, even during the daylight hours.

It was Feb, during Presidents Week vacation (one of our busiest seasons.) There were only three rooms in the south wing that were empty, room 250 was one of them. 252 had a guest in it as did 248. Both rooms called down at 10pm, within two minutes of each other, to complain about the radio being on in room 250.

I was 4 months pregnant with my son, but I was already big, it looked like I was carrying twins. So I waddled up to the second floor of the south wing. That upstairs hall always made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

I could hear the radio playing from the stairwell as I entered the hall. The room was about half way down the hall. I walked quickly down and unlocked the door. Every light in the room was on, which is not the way it is supposed to be, and the radio was blaring.

I flipped the radio off, and noticed a depression on the bed, like someone was sitting there. Out of disbelief I ignored it and went in the bathroom to turn the lights off. The radio came back on, blaring again. As I walked towards the night stand I passed through a freezing spot near the bed, and I noticed the depression in the bedspread was gone.

I flipped the radio off and started turning the lamps off in the room. The radio came on a third time. This time it made me almost crap myself. I ran over pulled the plug out of the wall, left a few of the lights on in the room and tore out of there like a bat out of hell.

This last part I almost don't believe happened, but I swear on all that there is it did. The front desk phone rang right as I came around the corner. We had an inhouse caller id system so I knew what room was calling. I walked around the desk and looked at the display. It was room 250. I sat there staring at the phone and started crying. I had a hotel full of guests but I was so scared and felt really alone. The phone just kept ringing. I was hoping it would just stop, but it didn't. I finally picked it up. There was nothing there, just clicking, click, click, click, click. Then it hung up.

With that I vomited in the trash can. lol

There were so many other things in this hotel that creeped me out. The walk in fridge in the kitchen down stairs, the kind with the handle you have to pull out to open the door... Well when it was all dark in the kitchen and the staff had gone home for the night, the door would rattle and then it would sound like someone was pounding on it from the inside.

There was a man that many of us saw who would walk around down near the bar, even when the hotel was totally empty. He was always seen out of the corner of your eye, so no one knew if they really saw him.

I later found out that the south wing had been the servants quarters. And after it had been turned into a hotel, a man had committed suicide in room 250 by jumping out of the window landing three stories down (because the basement was exposed on the back side) and broke his neck dying instantly.

I also had a real life creepy thing happen, while working there during the closed down off season. I would go in during the afternoon and print out reports and check messages for reservations for the fall. While I was there, someone called the hotel on the outside line and just sat there breathing into the phone. They called like six times before they finally said "I know you're there alone. I'm coming for you." In a deep raspy voice.

I was about 7 months pregnant and freaked out. I ran out of the hotel, locked the front door, hopped in my car and left. I called the manager and told them what happened and refuse to go back until the hotel opened again.

I've had too many ghostly experiences to totally dismiss them as imaginary. Which kind of irritates my rational mind. I don't believe in organized religion, but I can't say I don't believe in ghosts and supernatural type beings.

4. sweetchaos

sweetchaos New Member

Like Hidden, I've never experienced anything myself, but I have heard something from my aunt.

The house she and my grandmother currently live in was once owned by a lady in her 30's and her two children. She unfortunately died of cancer (at a hospital, not in the house) and eventually the children left.

My aunt said that her room and my uncles room were where the children had slept. My uncle would consistently find his lighter missing. When he went to bed, he would put it on his bedside table, when he woke up it would either be under his bed which can be explained by him knocking it off, but other time he would find it on top of his wardrobe which was only a few inches shorter than the ceiling.

My aunt would wake up at night and quite a few times has seen the figure of a lady standing at her bedroom door. It would never enter, just chill out at the doorstep. She says that it was never there to hurt her. It was almost as if it was watching over her.

I'm not that great at telling this story, but I have to say, despite knowing she was not an evil spirit, I was still scared and had to sleep with the light on for a few days. haha

5. hiddennovelist

I would have done far more than vomit, I think. Creepy!

I don't know if I could have worked there...yikes!

OH MY GOD. I don't know if I would have had the guts to leave, I would have been too scared.

Edit: Oh, I forgot about the Mothman Prophecies question. No, I never saw it because it had the word moth in it, and I'm desperately afraid of moths. I never knew what it was about until my brother was talking to me about Mothmen.

6. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

You guys may have heard about this one if you watch A Haunting on the Discovery Channel.

A few miles away from where I live, in Green Lake WI, there is an old masoleum in Dartford Cemetery that, if you sit on it, an unseen force will push you off forcibly. You'll also start to see things that weren't there a second before--people disappearing into the trees, a big apparition of a dog, things of that sort.

7. hiddennovelist

I would be scared, too. Friendly or not, presences like that freak me out a little.

I would piss myself if that happened to me. Right there in the cemetery.

8. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

Holy crap, Blue, that second one sounds terrifying! I think I would have quit by that point.

I...have a few. I'm always really hesitant to tell them, though. I don't know, maybe later.

I can tell my boyfriend's, though. His makes me laugh every time I hear it.

Once when he was a kid, he was at home alone by himself. In a kitchen drawer, he found a harmonica. He started playing it, even though he had no idea how. He walked down the hall doing what was, in his mind, a kickass harmonica solo. At the end of the hall, he stopped playing. He swears that right then he heard a voice like an older black gentleman singing, right next to his ear, "Oooooooh yeeeaaaah."

He says he didn't even look behind him, he just ran out of the house and didn't come back until his parents were home.

9. sweetchaos

sweetchaos New Member

I'm curious why you're hesitant to tell yours, Freshmaker?

10. The Freshmaker

No one ever believes me. Even if they pretend to, you can tell they don't. They smile and nod and say things like, "Wow, that's something else."

Plus, I'm such a skeptic, I'm not even sure of my own credibility.

11. sweetchaos

sweetchaos New Member

I'm an open minded skeptic. hhaha

12. becca

becca Contributor Contributor

I have a couple of experiences....Well, one is my husbands.

He stayed at his cousins house when he was younger, and his cousins kept telling him that they had ghosts, but he didn't believe them. One time he was there and he fell off the swings or something and hurt himself. He said that night when he spent the night there something rubbed his arm.

His cousin (the mom) still lives in the house, and we go there all the time. She tells us stories about what the ghosts do and did when her kids were younger (the ones my hub played with). Apparently she has seen the ghost/ghosts many times. But, the only time I know of that the ghost actually did something dangerous, was when it wrapped a phone cord around her boyfrineds neck and ripped him off of her when they were getting frisky. The phone cord apparently ran under the bed, along the wall, and there was no way that could have happened other than the ghost.

The cousin has also had a ghost party going on in her bedroom. She said she woke up one night and her room ws full of them. She just went back to sleep. She is just used to it. Her kids that lived there when they were younger refuse to go into the house alone or even spend the night there. THEY GREW UP IN THE HOUSE!

I am planning to go and spend the night there, just to see if anything happens. My 4 year old wants to go meet the 'baby ghost.' I don't know why he called it a baby. It's funny.

Ok, the last house we lived in, apparently a man died in one of the bedrooms at the end of the hall. Three bedrooms, one bathroom, and the living room lead off the hall. Straight out from the hall at the other end was a door that used to goto the garage, right after a staircase that led downstairs. Someone had converted the garage into a master bedroom, and that is where my husband and I slept. The only place I felt watched, or that someone was behind me, was in the hall. In any of the other rooms I felt safe. I would rush down the hall and go into our room and then stare down the hall expecting to see someone standing there watching me.

My son when he was really small would stare out of the living room into the hall and laugh like someone was there. Our dogs would also look out into the hall, cock their heads, and then follow something down to the basement. My hub said on mulitple occations he heard foot steps on the stairs in the early morning after I had left for work. He also heard someone in the back room of the basement beating on something. He named the ghost Herbie.

We didn't really get very concerned. Nothing bad happened, just feeling like you were watched etc. Apparently the guy had really liked kids and had been a really nice man. I only worry about ghosts if there are doing something malicious.

13. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

Okay guys, I saw this and I so had to post. You see, it seems that ghosts or spirits or whatever you want to call them, follow my family around. When I was a child my Grandmother's house was haunted, I can remember hearing footsteps in the hall, seeing shadows, sometimes the closet door would open and I would be just terrified to move. Seriously creepy stuff went on there.

When I was grown, my ex husband and I moved into an old farm house that was well over a hundred years old. It was beautiful with it's wrap around porches and floor to ceiling windows. It was perfect except the strange crap that went on there. My daughter was only about three and I swear she heard stuff because late one night I was sitting alone with her in the living room. She was playing with her toys on the rug beside me. I looked down at her and she just stopped, dropped her doll, covered her ears and said, "shhhhh" very quietly. She seemed afraid and climbed on my lap shortly after. A few months later there was a storm, I peered through the blinds and as the lightening flashed I could make out the silhouette of a man standing there looking in, just as I jumped back the porch swing blew up and shattered the glass right where I was looking out. My oldest son, who was about ten, came running into my bedroom crying because he said something grabbed hold of his shoulder in the back of the kitchen.

About two months later, after seeing an old woman standing in the kitchen, we moved out. That house had my friends afraid to come and visit us.

I am not even going to go into what goes on in this house and it's only five years old.

14. Twisted Inversely

Twisted Inversely New Member

My imagination. But I drop by the real world for m
    I have never seen a ghost so no tales of any spooky personal encounters from me. But I have done several ghost tours. The most recent was of an old mental hospital near my Aunts house; I won't name the location since I'm going to say some rather nasty things about it.

Anyway half the buildings we were taken through had been recently renovated and decked out in pastel blue wall-paper and the incredibly camp guide, who was by far the most frightening thing about the whole experience, didn't really tell stories, just point out places where people had died.

But the best one I've been on has to be around the old Port Arthur convict prison in Tasmania. If you ever go there it's highly recommended.

15. bluebell80

bluebell80 New Member

Fresh, I'm pretty sure we're all somewhat believers in ghostly things, please, I know I'd love to hear your stories. Most people don't believe me when I tell mine either, they're usually like, "OH, well you were just dreaming" when I tell them about the woman at my apartment.

I finally did ask around at work, trying not to lead on stories, so I asked if they had experienced anything strange at the hotel...I got a lot of stories, between sightings, fax machines coming on and printing "I am here." and other various things. I'm glad I don't work there anymore.

Becca, sounds kind of like my ghost in my first apartment. Not really scary, but always feeling like you're being watched.

Chimmybear, That's just creepy!

Has anyone ever tried to use a spirit board to contact the spirits, or a medium? I've used an old spirit board before, it wasn't the kind Milton Bradley made, it was an actual wooden one with a carved pointer. It was freaky to say the least. I have no idea if the other girls were moving it, but it talked to us, said it's name was Randolf and that it wanted to kill the living but couldn't figure out how. It was very scary, but when dealing with a group of teenage girls (this was back in the late 90's) I never knew if someone was just moving the pointer or if it was actually moving on it's own. Everyone claimed to not be moving it and we were all freaked out, so much so we ran out of the attic and into the girl's parent's room. lol

I do have a theory on non-interactive ghost appearances. Researching space-time and quantum physics, I think that they are just like on a loop. We see their energy performing the same tasks they performed while alive, because time isn't linear but more like a wheel.

However, I have no theory on interactive ghosts and spirits who actually do things to people or move things and stuff like that. I have no clue. Anyone have any theories? I'd be interested in hearing them.

16. hiddennovelist

Same here.

Growing up Mormon, I was taught that that kind of stuff was evil...so no, never did it.

And now I would just be too scared to try it. :redface:

Wellll...I guess I don't really have any concrete theories on any of this. I grew up hearing about all these different kinds of good and bad spirits, so I've always just thought that was why there are so many different kinds of sightings. Some people just feel a presence because that's all that particular spirit is. Others actually see the presence, because it's a different kind of spirit. And finally, some people actually have things done because it's yet another spirit. (note, only saying spirit because I couldn't think of a better word to use) It's sort of like having different kind of printers. Just like a 3-in-1 printer can make copies but a plain old printer can't, some spirits can do things, while others can't...

That's not very clear, sorry. :rolleyes:

Oh, I thought of a story when I was going to bed last night. Not a very big thing, but one night, I was lying in bed, waiting for Joel to finish up in the bathroom and come to bed. I was lying on my side, with my back to the wall, and all of a sudden I felt someone run their fingers across my back. I thought it was Joel trying to scare me, but when I sat up and looked around, no one was there. Kind of freaked me out.

17. The Freshmaker

[​IMG]

Ouija board keychain. Sorta relevant? If nothing else, it's a great conversation starter.

I don't know...I guess I trust most of you guys. And it seems like other people here have way more terrifying stories than I do.

A friend of mine (Scooby) lives in a house in the Old Northeast section of St. Petersburg. It's a pretty big house, and one of the older houses in the area. When I first went there for a small party (his parents were out of town), I didn't know about anything that had happened in the house. I was dating a guy at the time, my first serious relationship. I lost my virginity that night in one of the upstairs rooms. I don't know if that had anything to do with it. But when we came downstairs, one of the girls there was freaking out, and everyone else looked really solemn.

"There's something wrong with the back door," somebody said.

Being me, I had to check it out. The back door is in the laundry area, and as soon as I went back there, I could tell something was wrong. It was freezing, and I felt the need to get out of there very very fast. It just felt like something was there that wanted very badly to hurt me. I ran back to the living room.

The freaking-out girl had seen a face at the back window. She described it as being a very pale blond young man with black eyes.

This was when all the stories came out.

Starting at the beginning, the man who built the house had apparently died before it was finished. While working on the stairwell, a beam had fallen and broken his ribs, puncturing his lungs. According to many accounts, there is a ghost in the grates in front of the stairs (who I had experience with later) who likes to reach up and trip people.

The backdoor ghost was apparently a burglar who had broken it. He'd been shot and killed by the person who owned the house at the time.

I've been told varying stories about the downstairs bathroom. One about someone overdosing on heroin, and another about a coathanger abortion. I don't know if I believe either of those.

Easily the most terrifying story, though, is the murder/suicide that happened there. At some point, I was told, a young couple bought the house. The wife became pregnant and had a baby. Months later, her husband came home to find her in their bed with one of the neighbors. He shot them both. Realizing that their child might belong to another man, he went into the baby's room and suffocated it with a pillow. He went into the backyard, then, and shot himself.

The young wife is said to sometimes appear in the mirror in the upstairs hall, though I've never seen her. And Scooby, whose room had supposedly been the baby's room, claims that as a kid, he had recurring nightmares about lying in a crib and being smothered to death.

Other things happen in that house that I've never received explanations for. There is a statue on the mantelpiece in the living room, the bust of a woman. By many accounts, it changes expressions. I remember watching TV on the couch one day, and I looked over to see the mouth of the statue moving, like it was talking to me, although I couldn't hear anything. Scooby's family claims to have attempted to get rid of it, and always have it find its way back to the mantelpiece.

On a different night, some girls that Scooby had befriended came over to hang out with all of us. Two of them were into Wicca, and were really interested in exploring the house.

While most of us were hanging out outside, they went up to the attic. Eventually, someone came out and warned us that they were up there, "messing with **** that they shouldn't be messing with." Scooby, quite upset by this, ran up there. After a few minutes, the girls came running down. I wondered where Scooby was.

He appeared eventually, from around the back of the house, sprinting. He stopped about ten feet from me, looking around wildly. His eyes were wide, his mouth open, drooling. He looked right at me, then sprinted again. Before I could move, he ran straight into me. He hit my head so hard, it almost knocked me out. We were both on the ground. He got up to run again, but one of the other guys grabbed him. Someone else helped hold him down. He was hyperventilating, and he screamed, then appeared to return to normal, if a little bewildered and unable to remember anything from the past couple hours. I never really got an explanation for any of that. Just a nice-sized lump above my left eyebrow.

...and there you go.

18. hiddennovelist

SPOOKY, Mal! Wow, I don't know if I could have lived in/hung out at a house that had that kind of stuff happening there. It would freak me out too much.

Hell, I'm freaked out just reading about it, and I'm sitting here in the middle of the day in a brightly lit house...

19. The Freshmaker

I spent so much time there, it wasn't really a big deal. And other than that one time, nothing in the house ever did anything to hurt anyone.

There was one night, though, that I stayed in Scooby's sister's room. I was really freaked out, because there was this grinding noise. It sounded (looking back, this is a hilarious image) like someone was standing in the corner turning a pepper grinder (really maliciously I guess? I don't know why this scared me, but it did). In the morning, I discovered that her fish tank was low on water, and the noise had been the filter running dry. Nothing supernatural at all.

20. hiddennovelist

Haha how funny! I've done that before, where you're like "...oh my god, what's going on? Where is that noise coming from?" and then you find out it was something completely normal. :redface:

21. Lavarian

Lavarian Contributor Contributor

:eek:

That is story material right there!

Thanks for sharing that, Mal.

22. bluebell80

bluebell80 New Member

Thanks Mal for sharing! Do you still hang out at that house?

It would be interesting to hear some EVP recordings in that house. Iff there is something there, maybe it'd interact. :)

Did you ever look up the story about the husband killing the wife in that house? I'd think that would have made news papers and should be on file at the library. That right there would make for a good ghost story novel about the violence of that act trapping the souls of those people and even possessing them, like maybe it was the husband who was possessing your friend when he was running around the house. I would think that the extreme emotional distress of the murdering husband might have made him run around the house like a lunatic.

Definitely creepy though, Mal, and very believable kinds of phenomena going on there.

My husband had a similar visual appertain of his aunt. He was like 10 when she died. He was in bed, he knew she had been ill and in the hospital, at three in the morning. His bedroom was upstairs on the back of the house facing away from the road, the drive way was to the side of his room but there were only windows on the back side of the house in his room. He felt weird so he sat up in bed, at that moment he saw headlights in his windows. At first he thought someone was just pulling in, but remembered his bedroom was now on the second floor facing the back, so there were no cars outside his window!

He flew out of bed and looked out the window (tell he's much braver than I was at that age) and he saw his aunts face smiling at him in the glass of the window. Just her disembodied head. Then she disappeared. Two minutes later the phone rang. He went down stairs where his mom had answered the phone. She looked at him and told him his aunt had just died a few minute ago. He told her he already knew. It freaked his mom out. lol, she still gets creeped out to this day when we talk about that story.

He's also seen a couple ghosts in the old armory here in town when he was in the Civil Air Patrol. He was there all the time after it was empty save for himself and his father to lock up (father was national guard.) There were three different ghosts in that building, one that was in the officers office upstairs, one in the main part of the building that liked to throw papers around the room, and another down stairs in the basement firing range. The basement one would trip people on the stairs too... Maybe that is something ghosts find amusing. :)

23. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Wow, I guess it's true what they say, that truth is scarier than fiction.

I myself have never had any ghostly experiences happen to me. I've never had anything to do with it, and yet I find myself attracted to the stories of the supernatural. I'm not scared of ghosts if they're good ghosts. I once heard a story about a woman in Milwaukee who had a ghost named Arthur. He helped her out around her house a lot; one day when she was running late and couldn't find her keys she called out for Arthur's help and the keys appeared on the table behind her. But anything other than good ghosts, and I say NO. Which is why I don't mess with Ouija boards.

24. DownUnder

DownUnder New Member

Can't say I've seen a ghost...

But when I was little, I was looking out my bedroom door and I thought I saw something run along the ground. About the size of a small cat, like a dark red blur. We had a ginger cat, but I knew it wasn't him. I just casually got up, and went and told my mum. Now, in the direction 'it' ran, it could've only gone into the linen cupboard. Mum opens it up, and of course nothing is out of place.

I've had nothing happen since (not that I'm complaining mind you), and I put it down to an over-active imagination on my part.

25. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

I have a few ghost/oddity stories, most of which i wont get into simply because i always feel if your not there than you couldnt really believe me, and some of them are pretty odd.

When i was a kid, maybe 4 years old, maybe 5 i was sleeping in my grandma's house in one of the bedrooms (For a few years we did, mum lost her job) and i remember waking up (Im not sure if i had actually gone to sleep or not, it was late). And i opened my eyes to see electric blue/white worm like images crawling over the bedroom ceiing and around the edges of the wall. It lasted for about 30 minutes, and happened during three different nights that week......I never heard or felt anything, just saw these hundreds of worm like images crossing over each other over the cieling peacfully.

Now thats nothing, UNTIL i told my Misses who said she had the exact (I gave her more detail) expereince when she was a kid.

Go figure. I could go into something more odd about the experience, but than it just sounds stupid.

Maybe a brain developmental thing (I was 4/5) i'm not sure.