1. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

Changing finished draft from 3rd to 1st

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by OurJud, Oct 13, 2017.

I'm using Open Office and wondering if this would be the ball-ache I'm imagining.

The 'Find and Replace' feature would only work to a point, because replacing all instances of 'character name' with 'I' would also catch every instance of the character's name being used in dialogue, that is unless there's a way to define this feature more accurately that I'm not aware of.

2. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

There'd also be "me" sometimes, wouldn't there? And I think the prose might not read too smoothly without manual adjustments.

I think it'd be a really big job, if you've got a lot of words already written.

ETA: and "his" (or "her"), etc...

3. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

Mmm, perhaps ur right. I have no reason to do this, but the only reason I'm writing in third is because the intention was to increase the word count by using multiple POV. As it turned out I wasn't brave enough to do this and stuck with single, close POV, so if desired could change to 1st.

On reflection I won't bother. No point creating even more work.