1. brihoppy

brihoppy New Member

Glad I'm not the only one...!

Discussion in 'Genre Discussions' started by brihoppy, Apr 26, 2010.

After lurking around this site the past few days, I'm quite relieved to see that many people share some of the same issues when it comes to writing as I do.

What has also struck me is that the simplicity of some of the advice, i.e. just write and see where it goes...!

I've been worried for years that I'd been overanalysing my creative process, but it turns out all I really needed to do was 'just write'...

I don't feel alone anymore...!!!

Bri.

2. Rajikai

Rajikai Member

I know what you mean. It's been a couple of months since I lost wrote anything interesting (or anything at that) and lately, I just got a spark of wanting to write. And finding a place like this is great, including someone as simple minded as me. Everyone has a different story, but it all leads them to the same place, like what what Morihei Ueshiba said, "Though there are many paths, At the foot of the mountain, All those who reach the top, See the same moon."

3. EileenG

EileenG New Member

I absolutely believe that what separates the "writers" from everyone else is not some spark of genius, or some special knowledge, it's just sitting down and writing.

4. black-radish

black-radish New Member

yay! Welcome to the club then! :D

5. SilverWolf0101

SilverWolf0101 Active Member

Lol, yeah, simple advice like "Just write" made me think "What the heck, that's simple". Yeah, simple and VERY helpful