1. Marlon Manalese

Marlon Manalese Member

Glad to Be Here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Marlon Manalese, Aug 9, 2016.

Hello everybody, my name is Marlon and I am a message board veteran. Not of this one, but of several many others that reflected my highest valued interests, so from video games to philosophy, I am glad to have found one for writing right here at Writing Forums. Simply named, and a vibrant looking community, I hope to get immersed in this forum as I have from the others ones I've been a part of. I would like to contribute what skills I have to help fellow writers, and look forward to the value you all have to offer me.

I've been writing since I was 8 years old or so, and took it even more seriously in the past 8 years. Eight seems to be the magic number here as it was also 8 years in between childhood and adulthood where I did not have a conscious interest writing, though would ocassionally dabble in it. Unless lyrics count, I wrote a lot of those when I was in a couple of rock bands, but too bad I can't hark on the number eight now that I mention it.

Anyway!

I am currently working on the 3rd draft of my 3rd novel, doing philosophical book to film reviews on YouTube, as well as starting on my writing coaching business as of the beginning of this month.

I thought I'd keep my introduction short and sweet as I am fighting my urge to blather on about all of my current writing related ventures, but I'll leave it at that for now.

Freethesea and Sal Boxford like this.
  2. Sal Boxford

Sal Boxford Senior Member

Hi Marlon. Does your fiction draw on your interests in philosophy and video games? Could make for some interesting reading. Hope you find the forum helpful.

3. Freethesea

Freethesea Member

Hi Marlon! I like people who blather on and must say 'anyway' to keep on task. I'm looking forward to your comments.

4. Marlon Manalese

Marlon Manalese Member

I think Ayn Rand was right to assert that writers will inject their philosophy into their stories no matter what, even unconsciously. So I would say yes of course, except I'm more conscious and aware of how my philosophical beliefs are illustrated in my fiction.

As for the video games part, my early works were influenced by video game ideas, but have deviated a bit out of that now preferring more contemporary stories to write.

Lol thanks!

Freethesea likes this.