Godzilla

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by KatieValino, Feb 25, 2014.

1. McConnaughay

McConnaughay New Member

I wrote a review of it at a link in my signature. I would post the whole thing, but it's kind-of long.

So, there's that if you want something more elaborate. If not, I'll just summarize:

I didn't like the movie that much. Bryan Cranston was really entertaining in his role, but the moment that it made the shift over to Johnson, it became really bland and boring. The movie felt like a generic army film, and they never let the monsters really fight. Every time that it got going, it cut away.

I wanted to love it. I just couldn't.

Andrae Smith likes this.
  2. Andrae Smith

Andrae Smith Bestselling Author|Editor|Writing Coach Contributor

To be honest I feel the same way. My initial reaction was, "OMG... How can you make a Godzilla movie so awful???"" and I went on a bit of a rant :)rant:)... But after mulling it over a bit, I realized it wasn't terrible.

In my opinion, it was a bit unfocused, the acting (aside from Bryan Cranston and Ken Watanabe) was a bit bland, passable at best, and the dialogue could have been a little better or at least better acted...or directed?o_O After a while the tension, suspense, and anticipation had faded and I felt next to no chemistry or emotion from the actors. It was all very generic in that sense. The parts with Godzilla were generally pretty darn cool, and the mythos they developed woks for an origins movie, but there were plenty of parts that could have been cut or refocused--and not only to make more room for Godzilla, but because they were boring and nothing really happened. :dry: Without giving away any spoilers, the movie had problems that I couldn't overlook after a certain point, despite how closely it supposedly resembled the classics (which I haven't seen in a while, but will be watching soon with my grandmother ;)).

All in all, I didn't have as much fun with this movie as I should have, and I hope the sequels are better. They should be going for sequels sense this one has done alright at the box office.