Tags:
  1. FourPointedStar

FourPointedStar Member

Good Afternoon

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by FourPointedStar, Jul 23, 2017.

Hi there,

I've started a plethora of stories, but I've never been satisfied with the quality, and always lost my impetus. Two things have occurred to me recently that i hope will change that. Firstly, i am now regularly managing a few D&D sessions, forcing me to up my game creatively if i want to keep it interesting. The second trigger is a lot more personal, but is what brought me here, and hopefully will become apparent if i finish my writing.

As a way with dealing with some events, i've decided to turn it into a fiction story. It's going to be written in first person, as that's how i'd relate to the character most in this scenario and i don't want to project any emotions onto other characters because i want to be a story of this single character's experience.

I have written a first draft of the first chapter, but i have no-one to review it for me. The people I would normally feel comfortable asking, are not appropriate for this story. Is there a place here i can put a draft, and get some good, honest feedback?

Thanks,

FourPointedStar

2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Welcome sir/sirette. :superhello:

You can post it in the Workshop after you have made 20 posts and given two
    critiques. For every post in the Workshop after that you have to give 2 crits,
    for every one you post.

Good luck with your story, sounds interesting. :supersmile:
    Battle Kitten.png

3. FourPointedStar

FourPointedStar Member

Thank you Cave Troll,

I'll be a sir for now, it's a lot more natural! Today i'll have a lurk around, see if there's any valid input i can provide. I'm always a little hesitant to go throwing my opinion around in a new crowd, so will see what feels comfortable!

One thing that doesn't appear clear to me after reading your reply and taking the time to look through the rules; Can critiques be provided at any point, or is access to the workshop restricted until one has made twenty posts?

4. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

Welcome to the forum, FourPointedStar :)

I think you can give crits immediately, but it's been a long time since I was in that position so I could be wrong. I hope you find what you're looking for here.

5. FourPointedStar

FourPointedStar Member

Thank you Trish, i do too. I'd love to finally finish a story I've started, and I think this site has the community to help me achieve that!

Trish likes this.
  6. C.F. Boehlke

C.F. Boehlke Member

Welcome! I just joined a few days ago, myself. I hope you're enjoying yourself as much as I am.

With regards to the workshops, I read in the welcome message in my inbox that in addition to making 20 posts and leaving 2 critiques on other works in the workshops, we have to be members for 2 weeks before we can put our work up for critique there. I also read somewhere that you can get around the 2 week rule if you become a "supporter," which means donating money to help support the web hosting expenses of the forum.

I hope this helps!

FourPointedStar likes this.