Tags:
  1. Hublocker

Hublocker Active Member

Good Day!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Hublocker, Mar 27, 2018.

Hello,

I joined today.

My name Hublocker comes from my habit of four-wheel driving on the back roads of British Columbia Canada where I live sandwiched in between the Pacific ocean and the Coast Range of mountains.

I've been a marine industry journalist since 1990 as well a a crewman on fishing vessels as well before 1990 and after 1995. 1990-95 I had steady gig at a fishing industry newspaper.

I have three unpublished novels under my belt and I am in the process of pitching my most recent one.

I'm a terrible salesman. I don't think I even pitched my firs tone and I showed my second to an agent and she turned it down so I didn't try anywhere else.

I'm going to get more serious with my current one, but I'm more interested in starting another novel.

I'm also working on memoirs.

I just completed a 30,000 word draft based on diaries and letters home of a cross continent hitchhiking trip I did in Africa when I was 18.

I don't know what I wrote that for; my grandchildren if nothing else.

I may be seeking advice here later.

Hublocker

2. surrealscenes

surrealscenes Senior Member

Welcome Home. I hope you find anything you are looking for here. A hitchhiking trip across Africa could be a great read, especially since it looks to me like it was before AIDS spread across the continent.

3. Hublocker

Hublocker Active Member

Yes, 1972 and everything was relatively peaceful too. At least to a naive young backpacker. Dictators in the CAR, Zaire and Uganda were perpetrating horrible crimes against their own citizens.