1. 'Nevermore'

'Nevermore' New Member

Click this. You know you want to.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 'Nevermore', Oct 11, 2011.

Well, here's my intro thread. Feel free to call me Alec, Nevermore, Never, (Never call me Nev), or anything else that happens to pop into your head. I'm not a stranger to forums, mainly foruming on IF for years, generally lurking in the RPG, Creative arts, and Mature Discussion sections, but I have done a few writers forums before. I'm a bit of a movie buff, so don't get wierded out if I make some strange reference about someone you've never heard of, chances are it's about an actor, director, or film.

I do a lot of fantasy/sci-fi/apocalyptic/steampunk/horror writing, and also enjoy post-by-post RPG's, which I find to be a good way to get creative with your writing. I'm actually more of an artist than a writer, though one could argue drawing and writing are both forms of art, and there tend to specialize in manga and dark surrealism, as well as sculpting and sailing. I plan on starting off here by throwing down my Life/Finale book which I've been writing, though given enough time I may find osme other undiscovered jewel on my hard drive. Hope to see you all around the forum!

-Nevermore

2. The Lady Victoria

The Lady Victoria New Member

Hi Nevermore! (kinda feel like changing my name to Forevermore... :)

Well, it seems like we have allot in common. I am also a former rpg writer, and I've signed in as one of my many self created characters. She's a ghost btw...

I am more into fantasy/vampires and ghosts. (not so much the lovey,dovey kind, more the rip your heart out while laughing kind) I have written my own original stories, but I cut my teeth on the forbidden Anne Rice fan fiction. (whisper's "don't tell!)

Anyway, I've dropped out of rpg for a few years and I'm hoping to get back into creative writing via this forum. It's seems very classy and sophisticated, which is what I'm looking for.

Nice to meet you!

Oh, my pen name online is Wisteria, but for now I'm going by my character name The Lady Victoria. Real name...Paula.

Oh...I forget we do have many things in common. I am also an artist and I feel the same as you do regarding both arts. Creativity, whether by music, writing, drawing, painting, sculpting, or acting is all an art in it's best form.

3. 'Nevermore'

'Nevermore' New Member

Wow, that's.... a very strange coincidence, in terms of the ghost thing, since the book I'm working on is told from the perspective of a ghost. I mainly did Post by Post RPG's on another site, they are a good way to get creative and give me inspiration, which can extend to things like my artwork as well as my writing.

Unfortunately, the site has been way too slow for me to really post anything.

Anyways, nice to someone like me on here! I like the alternate writingforum.com as well, but I'm much more inclined to stay here, since it is, as you said, more classy and sophisticated, and on writingforum.com, there's too many five word posts/spam, which leave me metaphorically frothing at the mouth. Well, hope to see you around!

-Nevermore

4. The Lady Victoria

The Lady Victoria New Member

Yes, the post by post thing can be great fun! I actually have my own rpg writing forum but it's been closed down for a few years. I'd give you the link to check out but I don't want to spam this place.

Do you write in first person, or third? I prefer first person myself although I have a very long piece written in third.

If you ever want to practice post by post, let me know. Although I'm focusing on writing straight up stories, the excitement of waiting for the next post is something I miss.

Nice to meet you btw.

5. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.