1. Chris_Bryant

Chris_Bryant New Member

Good Morning!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chris_Bryant, Mar 20, 2016.

Hello!

I'm a recent graduate and got my diploma in Chemistry. But I've always been a fan of writing, and I started in middle school writing Fan Fictions. I've moved to Science Fiction and Fantasy since, and I'm keen on the idea of one day publishing a (hopefully successful) work.

Chris Bryant is a pseudonym. I feel I should apologize in advance to any other Chris Bryant out there for possibly ruining their reputation. :rolleyes:

My current reads are David Weber's 'Safehold' series and Scott Lynch's 'Gentleman Bastards' series. Besides writing, I enjoy calligraphy and (the nebulous) picking up new skills.

I look forward to getting to know people here and absorbing the knowledge everyone has to offer!

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to the forum! :) Sounds like you'll fit right in. :)

Gentleman Bastards is on my TBR pile; I've read good things about the series. How do you like it so far? (Are you reading the Lies of Locke Lamora?)

Here's our New Member Quick Start Guide to get you started.

Have fun!

-Kat

3. Chris_Bryant

Chris_Bryant New Member

Thank you!

Yes, I'm reading Lies of Locke Lamora right now. I'm about a third the way through and I like it quite a bit. Lynch paces well and I'm always interested in reading what happens next. And he tells the story makes me feel like I'm exploring the locations just as much as following the characters. I'll probably pick up the rest of the series soon.