1. SkyPrisoner

SkyPrisoner New Member

Prisoner is the Sky

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SkyPrisoner, Apr 28, 2014.

Hello everyone!

My name's Kate, I'm seventeen and in high school. I just started getting really interested in writing about two years ago, and I have a book I'm currently working on, that I'm really excited about. I don't have a lot of friends who write though, and I thought it'd be awesome if I could find a community to write with. So here I am! English is not my best subject, by a long shot, I'm more of a math and science person. I hate essays, with a passion, but I love writing stories. Sadly my writing skills don't live up to my expectations and I get easily frustrated with writing. I though that maybe if I came here I could find help with my writing, and in return offer what help I can to others.

So that's me!

2. AndyC

AndyC Member

Hello Kate! And welcome to the forums. I'm sure you will learn a lot here :)

I may sound like a broken record (because I keep giving the same advice over and over again :p ), but the best advice I can give you is: Keep writing and keep reading, and try to always learn from what you write, and from what you read. Learn what you like to read, and how it's written, so you can also do it yourself on your work. I've learnt a lot myself this way.
    Don't get frustrated if your writing doesn't meet your expectations, you'll reach a point where it does. Everyone started at the beginning, and if you put enough effort only the sky is the limit.
    Just keep on writing!