1. Raven

Raven Banned

Google Wins The Internet

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Raven, Feb 26, 2007.

Linky

A very well written article that sounds almost scifi in nature. What do you all think? Can Google do it, or is this guy just a crack head?

2. Nexus

Nexus New Member

Ok, google controlling the internet is stupid BUT it is getting to the point where its dangerous. Google is very secretive, controls far more than we think AND has spambots absolutely everywhere.

I wouldnt trust google If I were you. They're great as a search engine but if Google comes out with the next Operating System i'd steer clear.

3. phAntAsmAgoriA

phAntAsmAgoriA New Member

People get so uppity about Google "taking over the internet" and whatnot, but they don't seem to notice that this is happening with many other sources of media. Media Consolidation in the U.S. over the past decade or so has allowed most sources of media to be owned by one company. For example, most radio stations--even local radio stations--are owned by a single company. Ever hear advertisements for other stations while listening to the radio? Or change the channel and hear the exact same song playing? Chances are that both stations are owned by the same large company, often located in other cities, states, or even countries. This is beginning to happen in other sources of media, as well. Media consolidation drowning the local/individual voice and ending diversity. In my opinion, this takes away some of the important properties of democracy. It's silencing our opinion and crippling our role as citizens.

Not that all people here are American, of course. I just have a lot to say about this subject from the American stand point because we had a discussion about it in my United States Government class the other day. I wouldn't have so much to say about it, normally.

4. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

Only too true well put