Grammar

Discussion in 'Word Mechanics' started by Maria Mirabella, Dec 29, 2011.

1. shadowwalker

shadowwalker Contributor Contributor

I don't lack knowledge of grammar. I've forgotten all the terminology - and have not found that to be detrimental. And again - someone who has attended college and gotten degrees is not exactly ignorant.

At any rate, I stand by my original opinions that knowing the terminology does not make one a better writer or critic. It just means you know some other words.

2. Blue Night

Blue Night Active Member

I'm tired of this crap.

3. Granville

Granville New Member

A message to you warring factions from someone who has read your threads and your posts and has found gems of literary wisdom and—dare I use the word—bastions of common-sense too, in all of them—

What is the matter with you people? This childishness is beneath you all. It undermines the spirit of objectivity, mutual respect and the collective appreciation that all aspiring writers should have for one another. Posting this kind of nonsense will not entice other serious and talented writers to contribute. Discuss. Discuss with passion. Debate all you want, it's appropriate and we can all learn from it. You have all impressed me. Don't spoil it.

Granville.

4. Jhunter

Jhunter Mmm, bacon. Contributor

/clap