1. madhoca

madhoca Contributor Contributor

Grateful Thanks on World Internet Friends Day

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by madhoca, Feb 13, 2016.

Hello everyone. I joined this forum many years ago when I was feeling isolated in a non-English speaking country trying to pick up on my writing again. I was a frequent contributer here at first, but over the past couple of years I haven't been on here much. However, in this absence I've published two short stories in women's magazines and nearly completed a romance novel I'm optimistic about (made notes for 3 more also). I've been incredibly busy working flat out in my teaching career to support my kids at university in the UK now the fees for students based outside the EU are so high. To cut a long story short, I wanted to thank people on here, members like Cogito and the amazing MammaMaia (RIP) and all the rest of you who sparked something back into life in me writing-wise. I want to encourage everyone here to follow your dreams and never never give up. Oh, and age is just a number. I was 23 when my first writing was published and 55 when the next story was. Write and live!

2. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

Aww I missed this thread at the weekend. Congratulations on your recent success! I really feel for you with the university fees. £9,000+ for UK students is more than enough, let alone the £30,000+ non-EU students often have to pay.

Best of luck with your latest novel. If you need a beta reader, let me know. :)

3. madhoca

madhoca Contributor Contributor

Thanks, Tenderiser!