1. AmericanAmelie

AmericanAmelie New Member

*Hobby writer waves hello*

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AmericanAmelie, Jun 23, 2015.

Hey there! I'm Hanalani originally from New York and currently living n Charleston, SC. I grew up with a love for writing, actually really journalling as I would take a notebook with me everywhere i went for as long as I could remember and write about all the unlucky things to happen to me and quirky observations of people and my surroundings. (I've always been a shy introvert). Then when i was 11, I became a blogger before there was such a thing as blogger (Diaryland! Anyone remember the site diaryland??) i did not stay in the blogosphere though, in high school I went through a very harsh 'Harriet the Spy' ordeal when classmates found my blog!!!! Oops!!!

I joined this forum to be a better writer! I feel like I've forgotten everything about English I learned in school, so google brougt me here. The forums are interesting and will be helpful in my creating storyline and writing anything other than journalling. I still blog the memoirs of my wanton 20 year old nyc party life, under anonymity so i can resume the public appearance of a charlestonian classy lady lol (It's that conservative here).

2. AmericanAmelie

AmericanAmelie New Member

I forgot to add, my favorite writing genre is satire. I have a cynical mind and can find humour in almost everything. I love character developement, I think that's always been my forte (from feedback). I mostly enjoy reading novels from other countries or cultures, it doesn't matter if they are drama, horror, romance, etc.

3. EmptySoul

EmptySoul Active Member

Hi and welcome from NY!!!