1. Grimoire Thief

Grimoire Thief New Member

Greetings Fellow Earthlings

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Grimoire Thief, Mar 20, 2016.

Hi there. You can call me Grim. I'm a newbie looking for a writing community to contribute to. My favorite literature genres are science fiction and fantasy. I also like reading works from the likes of Walt Whitman, Henry David Thoreau, and Ralph Waldo Emerson. My favorite book of all time is The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

I'm hoping to eventually publish my own writing online, but at the moment I'm more interested in learning how to give constructive criticism so I can improve my own writing.

2. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the site! Did you notice that there are sub-forums devoted specifically to SciFi and Fantasy :)

As for learning criticism, the best tip I can think of is to look at bad fiction as well as good/great fiction so that you can better see the difference ;) Do you have any guilty pleasures that you can think of?