1. molliemoogle

molliemoogle Member

Kia ora from Hobbiton

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by molliemoogle, Jul 28, 2014.

Well... about 45 minutes from Hobbiton. Kind of like on the outskirts, but still close enough for an afternoon in town.

Anyway, my name's Mollie. I'm a n00b. I like to write. As a writer, I feel like I should come up with better sentences than "I'm a n00b" and "I like to write". Oh, and I'm a transplanted Louisianian in New Zealand.

As far as writing, I've been doing it for a while, mainly fanfic, but I've branched off into original stuff since I got on the NaNo bandwagon about 5 years ago. I haven't finished any of the stuff I've started, but I would like to change all that, with some help. Some of the other groups that I have belonged to were more into posting their works and demanding critiques, while they didn't critique anything, or posted a one-line critique that said "loved it; please continue". I don't feel as though I've gotten any better, though I know on some level, I have.

I look forward to working with y'all, critiquing, and posting some of my own material.

Favourite genres are political strategy, science-fiction, biopunk, steampunk, fantasy, gothic, mystery, and erotica (not necessarily in that order), and my current novel has a political strategy/biopunk/science-fiction bent to it.

Thanks a lot, y'all. :agreed:

Cheers
    Mollie

jazzabel and GingerCoffee like this.
  2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hi, welcome to the forum. The land of talking poles is a long way from Louisiana. ;)

molliemoogle likes this.
  3. molliemoogle

molliemoogle Member

Just a bit far... but it's just far enough away too.

I miss the food and sometimes the family. :D

4. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

Welcome to the forum Mollie :) I used to live in Australia, love that part of the world! You won't encounter issues you mentioned on this forum, we are pretty organised about making sure critiquing goes both ways.

molliemoogle likes this.
  5. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Mollie, and welcome to the forum!

Here's the n00b guide to get you started. ;)

Have fun, and see you around!
    -Kat