1. Doclazerus

Doclazerus New Member

Forging Universes, they whom hold the stars in their hands....

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Doclazerus, Apr 12, 2016.

Greetings folks. I'm Josh. Been working towards writing various stories for a while now, but I'm really trying to get serious and hopefully publish something within the next couple years. I've spent most of my life building these worlds, but never put enough motivation into actually writing them. Fortunately, this has resulted in numerous hugely populated, immersive(by my standards anyways), and fantastic settings I hope to share in the near future.

Good to meet you all. I hope to have some interesting conversations with you all! Just to give you a little idea of who I am...

Favorite Authors. Lovecraft, Lackey, Weber, Tolkien, Hendee.

Favorite Genres: Steampunk, High Fantasy, Science Fiction(Space Operas), Gothic Horror.

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown”
    -H.P. Lovecraft

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Josh, and welcome to the forum!

Good to hear you've got your setting ready. :) Now it's just write, write, write -- but luckily that's the fun part. :D

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started around here. Have fun!

-Kat

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  3. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

Yay! 'Nother member. Welcome to the madhouse! :D
    I like your taste sir. I like it very much. If I see you around, I think we might get on well. (Or not)

Doclazerus likes this.
  4. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Josh! Welcome! One gym-bunny to another. [​IMG] :-D

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  5. Doclazerus

Doclazerus New Member

Thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to getting involved. Oscar, are you a fan of Lovecraft as well? I confess I only got his collection a month or two ago, but I am quite hooked. I feel like I was already in his domain before I knew about his writing.

Wreybies. At first I was trying to figure out how you knew, then I realized the site used my FB profile pic. Good to meet you!

6. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

I like Lovecraft. I have a Lovecraft Short Story Collection book in my bookshelf. I should have another look at it actually.