1. Albertine

Albertine New Member

Greetings from Norway

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Albertine, Mar 29, 2018.

Most writers I know say that they have always loved writing. They describe how they wrote stories in old school books and that writing has been a part of them since childhood. Well, not me. I had to turn 45 to learn that I liked writing. Not only did I like it, I found out I was quite good at it too. So, these past two years have been interesting.

I've taken a couple of courses online and have joined a few writing groups, and I am currently working on two projects; a crime/mystery novel about identical twins and a children's book, where a girl finds out her little brother is gone. He's not just missing, it's as if he had never been born. Erased from history, and his sister is the only one who remembers him.

I hope to learn a lot from you guys, and I'm looking forward to interesting discussions.

Al

Cayce Berryman and Iain Sparrow like this.
  2. Andrew Alvarez

Andrew Alvarez Senior Member

Hi there! Welcome to the forum! Indeed your projects sound interesting, and surely you'll take advantage of this great place to improve your writing. Hopefully, you'll help other writers too in the process, and I encourage you to participate onto the different threads, specially to criticize other writer's work, and read their critics and comments on the narrative genders that you like the most. Be well, and see you soon around!

3. Iain Sparrow

Iain Sparrow Banned Contributor

Interesting premise for a story... though as a young lad I dare say I'd not have missed my little brother if he'd went gone.:)
    Welcome to the forum! I too have fallen in love with writing in the waning years of my youth.

4. DeeDee

DeeDee Contributor Contributor

That's quite handy, isn't it :D
    The wallpaper on my computer is a picture of Lofoten, I find Norwegian scenery quite inspiring. Do you have a nice view out of your window?
    I'm a fan of Nordic crime, it's so fresh and different from the overused formulas. Maybe your input in the discussions would be interesting, too!
    :pop:

5. Albertine

Albertine New Member

Thank you! Looking forward to exploring the forum. :)

Good to hear there are more of us. :D

My view is not as spectacular, unfortunately, but I live only a few miles away from a place called Hell. Imagine that... :D

Attached Files:

DeeDee likes this.
  6. Night Herald

Night Herald The Fool Contributor

Hello, Norway. Good to meet you.

Your story idea sounds interesting. Best of luck with it.

7. Cayce Berryman

Cayce Berryman New Member

Welcome to the swarm! There are a lot of great threads and topics here, so we look forward to seeing you around. I like the premise of your book. That's awesome. I haven't written in a while; I've been editing more than I have been working on my own stuff. It's okay, though. With storylines like yours, it's not bad at all! ;)