Tags:
  1. Ken Farmer

Ken Farmer New Member

Greetings from Texas

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ken Farmer, Jul 2, 2017.

Greetings to all from Texas (right now looking at a 105 degree comfort level predicted this afternoon)

I decided it was time to stop lurking and actually join the group.

My name is Ken Farmer, retired from several things, and now have plenty of time to do… whatever. As sitting in a rocking chair on the porch gets boring rapidly, I write for my pleasure.

Actually, I started several years ago after finding one of my old college class projects from about hundred years back, dusted it off and rewrote it, then finally posted it on Amazon as a lark. My assumption was that about twenty people out of the billion customers would see it and maybe five purchase the book by accident. To my total surprise, it sold remarkably well and I began my current “career.”

My genre is the Ancient Roman Republic and as of today my output consists of five novels that attempt to follow history in the plot, although at this distance in time it can be difficult to separate from myth. All are stand alone and can be read in any order. The sixth book is 99.99 percent done and needs to be wrapped up (something that I do with difficulty as my books are very large - think War and Peace or Gone with the Wind size.)

So… Here I am.

Ken Farmer

2. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Welcome aboard Ken, I think you'll like it here. It's a friendly place, but people don't shy away from giving honest critiques. There's even another member who has a similar interest in Roman history, but I'm sure you'll bump into each other soon enough. :)