Tags:
  1. East Anglian

East Anglian New Member

Greetings from the East (of England)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by East Anglian, Sep 9, 2018.

Hello to you all.

As I am now in semi-retirement I dug out some short stories and a couple of novels I wrote for my own amusement over a period of about ten years. They are all quite rough and full of internal inconsistencies but it's now or never as far as pursuing that elusive dream is concerned.

I hope, in due course, I will be brave enough to share some of my writing. From reading a number of threads, I can see already this is the site for the kind of constructive criticism we all need. Then you can kindly but firmly help me to resolutely weed out all those excessively distracting adverbs. And I also have a bad habit of starting too many sentences with "but" and "and". But we all have our faults, I guess.

Anyway, greetings again and good luck to everyone.

2. rinnika

rinnika Member

Welcome, from the South of England :-D

I'm also prone to a few excessive adverbs, but nothing redrafting can't fix, right? One of my writing faults that still persists from school is spending way too much time on one subject, going around and around in a fashion not too dissimilar to Ian McEwan at the beginning of Enduring Love, only infinitely less talented! I end up redrafting things so many times.

Best wishes for your writing - I hope to see you around :agreed:

3. East Anglian

East Anglian New Member

Thank you rinnika. All the best to you too.