1. The Green Marker

The Green Marker New Member

Greetings & Salutations!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by The Green Marker, Feb 6, 2018.

Hello everyone! This is my informal formal introduction. At the time of this post being created, I am a student in high school with aspirations of a future author. I'm the president of my school's literature club and I've been making short flash fiction pieces for quite a few years. Eventually, I wish to produce a writing piece that meets the acceptable length of a full-fledged novel, and I think that these forums might assist me in that journey.

A few things about my writing style, I like shorter pieces that get their point across just as well as longer novels over said lengthier pieces of literature. In my opinion, it takes more skill to effectively put across and idea in a shorter amount of time than with more. Genre-wise, I am a total sucker for thriller and horror stories, epistolary formats, as well as meta-fiction. I don't especially prefer romance and science fiction, but by no means am I against them.

A word about horror, however, before I take my leave from this post: When I said that I enjoyed thriller/horror tales, that does not include slasher stories. Slashers are my biggest pet peeve as a writer. I believe that something truly scary shouldn't have to rely on excess amounts of blood and gore to keep its effect.

I hope to get to meet all of you and see everyone's wonderful ideas in the future! Auf Wiedersehen!

- The Green Marker

8Bit Bob likes this.
  2. 8Bit Bob

8Bit Bob Here ;) Contributor

Welcome! I'm excited to see your work! And I'm sure you'll like it around here :)

A man called Valance likes this.