1. Xueqin-II

Xueqin-II New Member

Kid With a Problem

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Xueqin-II, May 5, 2014.

I read what I can get my hands on. No less. I've been working on my novel since I was fifteen years old, and only just now have I come to the first three pages. There's about three-hundred pages of scrapped material from that work only.
    I read all sorts of things. Some of my favorites are the Chinese classics. In my education of the Chinese language I have gained the basic ability to read it, though, nowhere near enough to read the original works.
    I have never shown much of my writings to anyone. I take my writing very seriously, and most of the time I hate what I produce. This said, I no longer do, at least not to that degree. I have found a way of writing that suits me. However, I have no idea if it is any good. I would like to find someone interested in reading what I have created. That, and I would like to come into contact with people who read. People who read anything, really. I do not know anyone who reads like I do, and I have come to crave conversation about it.

Science fiction, general fiction, short stories, essays. Doesn't matter to me. I'd like to speak with others, is all.

I write in a style similar to stream of consciousness. Should you like this form of writing, I would like especially to speak with you in order to get a hold of what I'm going for. I need a tough reviewer.

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Welcome to the forum. Two weeks, 20 posts and 2 critiques in the Workshop and you might find a tough reviewer. :)

Stream of consciousness writing is a tough style to be successful at. You might want to consider those pieces drafts and take a look at techniques to develop them further.

3. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Hi, Xueqin-Il, and welcome to the forum! Please read the rules, participate, and enjoy it here. It's a great place for writers!

4. Xueqin-II

Xueqin-II New Member

I know that it's very hard to get a firm grip around, this is why I seek a lot of help. I would like to meet someone who likes the style quite a lot to see my work and give some input. I try to review my old writings, but I can barely stand to look at them anymore. That said I would never get rid of them.

When I finish the short story I have been working on, would you be interested in reading it? Even if you are not keen on the style, I would appreciate feedback. Mostly what I would like to know is if my writing makes any sense at all- I feel this is the first thing I should figure out.

5. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Just wait for two weeks, make twenty posts here, and do two constructive critiques of the work of other members in our Workshop. Then you'll be able to submit your own work in the workshop and get all the critique you need. :)

6. Xueqin-II

Xueqin-II New Member

I will do this. Thank you.

minstrel likes this.