Tags:
  1. N.Scott

N.Scott Active Member

This is a start, I hope.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by N.Scott, Sep 8, 2019.

Hello, fellow writer, just dropping by here, or is it drive by? yep, it's drop by, just google it.

Okay, here's something about me.
    First of all, I live in Asia, in a tiny village where no one speak English in everyday life, that is why I am kind of nervous writing this.
    Secondly, Beside breathing, reading is my favorite activity, and now I want to start learning the craft of writing.
    Finally, I would like to learn to write in English, because there are more resources about writing in English than in any other language. Like critique partner for example, i couldn't find many of them that work with my language(I hope that make sense).

I am excited and prepared, let's do this!

Dorafjol and Alan Aspie like this.
  2. Zombie Among Us

Zombie Among Us Active Member

Hey N.Scott! Welcome!

I already quite like your humor and passion. I think you’ll fit right in here.

We don’t bite, so have a look around! I hope to see more from you in the future. :)

Alan Aspie likes this.
  3. N.Scott

N.Scott Active Member

Thank you for being so nice.
    I already went through a lot of threads in the community, some of them are very helpful, some are interesting and funny, I will definitely stick around.

4. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hello N. Scott! I'm one of the forum moderators here and I want to welcome you to the forum.

It always impresses me when somebody whose native language is NOT English joins the forum and decides to write in English. I can understand the impulse, because it's true that so much of the publishing world does seem to happen in English. But wow. To develop a second language to the extent that you can do creative writing in it? That's quite an accomplishment, and it looks as if you're already on your way. I hope you not only find general writing help here, but also make new friends who share your committment to writing in a second language.

Please take your time to explore the forum, and feel free to jump into any threads you find interesting. Also feel free to visit the Workshop areas and do a few critiques. Critiques are a requirement if you intend to post any of your own work for feedback here, so you might as well get a head start.

I would strongly urge you to read both of these links before you get going, however. These will help keep you 'right,' in terms of knowing what does and doesn't happen here on the forum.

New Member Quick Start

Forum Rules

If you encounter any difficulties, feel free to contact me by clicking on my owl avatar and start a 'conversation' with me. I'll do what I can to help.

See you around the threads, then. And, again, welcome. :)

Cheers,
    Jan

Zombie Among Us likes this.
  5. N.Scott

N.Scott Active Member

Hi, Jannert! I say we should all be friends since we all love to write and read!
    Also, thank you, your words are such an encouragement. There are just too many great books written in English I simply can’t wait for a translated version. And just how wonderful for those writers to reach so many reader’s hearts with their incredible stories. I know it’s going to be hard, but as they say, ‘dream big and work hard, you never know.’

As for critique other’s writings, that sounds scary, but I shall try my best. Maybe not about the writing itself, I wouldn’t know a grammar mistake if I see one, at least not for sure. The stories, on the other hand, maybe I could give some feedback about them, helpful ones I hope.

I also checked the links, it’s quite long and I have to google some of the words(added them to my notebook), but the contents seem to have a friendly principle to them, which is pretty cool.

Oh, please let me know if there are grammar or spelling mistakes in the above text(huh, I should probably add this to my signature).

Thanks again.

Zombie Among Us and Some Guy like this.