1. Eiliya

Eiliya New Member

Greetings

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Eiliya, Oct 19, 2015.

Hi there!

I'm Eiliya, the founding member of Eternals Developing, a small group of indie game developers. Or, well, at least we used to be a small group. Everyone but me has moved on, so now I'm alone. No matter, I'll keep my attempts up until I atleast get something out there. So, anyways, there are two main reason for why I've come to this forum, and a whole lot of smaller ones which aren't important enough to be mentioned.

Well, I had two reasons, but having read the FAQ carefully, I decided to remove the first one since it might be against the rules. The second reason is that although I'm not good at writing myself, I hope to remedy that and learn how to write on my own. This seems like a good place for that.

So, although I do type a lot, my results are more like scripts for movie rather than actual stories and I don't really know how to properly proceed from there. As soon as I've fullfilled the requirements, I plan to post an example of my text and ask for feedback and suggestions on how to make it more entertaining to read, but for now, this introduction will have to be enough.

Good to meet you all, and I hope to have a good time here.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  2. Morgan Stelbas

Morgan Stelbas Active Member

Welcome Eiliya!
    I'm a newb too, so we can explore this site together. So far I have found a lot of great talent and a lot of great people. You will learn a lot here, I know I have and I've only been here just over 24 hours!

So you're a game developer, that's cool. I was going to call myself a video game nerd, but that's too cool for me... I like video games and we'll leave it at that! I have a secret passion to learn more about coding and programming, but have done absolutely nothing in following that passion, like I mean nothing. Oh well, does watching movies like Hackers count? Giving the age of it, and the fact that they had to plug into a phone line... probably not.

Oh well, that's the extent of my knowledge. I can build you a massive Excel Spreadsheet or make an animated movie with PowerPoint, but any thirteen year old can do that now too... so I'm no longer an asset to the corporate world, and so I'm here writing my sorrows away. Was it writing or drinking? Oh well, can't remember, but my glass is empty now...

I'm sorry that I'm rambling. I want to say that I think it's cool that you are here. I mean a game developer in itself shows a great creative level and then you have the techie level on top of that, which is pretty darn cool! Maybe you can design a game based on a story you write... or a story someone else writes!

So, welcome! You'll find a lot of help here! I'm excited to see what you come up with!

3. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to the forum. :) Good to hear you already read the FAQ. Here's also our official New Member Quick Start, so do check it out. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

See you around!

-Kat

4. Erez Kristal

Erez Kristal Member

Hey Eiliya. The indie biz is extremely hard. Recently I reached to a conclusion that all the indie games I tried were a complete waste of money and time because its just impossible for them to compete with high budget developments. This might change in the future with further development of the Unreal engine or its competitors, and more recycled and available content from artists and animators which will lower development costs.

What kind of games and stories are you passionate about? What genre?