1. Readallaboutit

Readallaboutit New Member

Be Gentle

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Readallaboutit, May 28, 2016.

Hello all.

First let me introduce myself, my names Liam and I am from the UK.

I'm not new to written but I'm no expert I use to write and read a lot when I was younger in my early teens but then life got busy and it came to a stop. A few years ago I started to write, nothing series just notes and journals and then completed a short story that was met to my surprise with a good reception by the few people I let see it.

I had a story in mind two years ago that came to me one night while just going about my normal night activities. So I jotted a few stuff down but then life again reared its head and pulled me away from writing seriously. Now 2 years on I have decided to give it a real go so my novel is now really starting to pick up steam and move forward which that alone i am thrilled with.

I write only for my pleasure as it lets me escape so to speak but I guess what brought me to this forum was somewhere to share my passion with fellow writers and also for some tips dos and don't and some times the odd inspiration.

Sorry for the ramble but I look forward to speaking to fellow members soon.

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Liam, and welcome to WF! :)

What is your novel about, if you don't mind my asking? At least you've come to the right place! Writing's what we're all about here. :)
    To get you properly started, here's our New Member Quick Start Guide.

See ya!

-Kat

3. Readallaboutit

Readallaboutit New Member

Hi Kat,

Thanks for the welcome.

I don't mind at all I often find talking about my novel helps me be more creative and gets me thinking about things in a different way sometimes when I say something to some one I might think meh that's not going to work.

It's a fantasy with very heavy influences from all times in history. Roughly gods destroyed them selves in a war long ago leaving men to rule and believe themselves gods. Power was hiding in a bloodline and thousands of years later that power awakes.

Im still in the creative process but plots are starting to develop and worlds are starting to come to life so I'm happy for along time it was just something in my head it feels good to actually get it moving.

Thanks for the guide.