1. Dynamite

Dynamite New Member

Greetings!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Dynamite, Jun 15, 2017.

Hey, all!

I've just joined the forum today. I've been a writer all my life, but have never finished anything I felt worth publishing yet.

My life has gotten a lot heavier over the last couple of years, and I find less and less time that I'm able to write. Not that I don't want to write, just, when I try the words just don't feel quite right most of the time.

I'm here looking for inspiration, for brain-stormers, for people who love the worlds that we build in our minds and lose ourselves in.

I've got some things written, some things that I'd like 2nd, 3rd and possibly 4th opinions on. Not necessarily on the grammar or sentence structure (though that is always in need of inevitable improvement) but of the gut-feeling flow of things. What feels flat or lacks flavor. What's confusing by intent and what's confusing by accident.

If any are interested in being writing-buddies, talking about ideas, characters, or inspiration, I would love to get a group together.

zoupskim likes this.
  2. Gidget

Gidget Member

Hi, Dynamite. I'm new too. I also struggled to find time to write when I was caring for my amputee mother and then my father, who developed cancer shortly after my mother's passing. He passed away in November.

I did find that there were benefits to those breaks. I came back to my writing with fresh eyes. I believe that I was able to make revisions that I otherwise would not have been able to do.

I'm not sure that I'll be able to be faithful enough to become an actual writing buddy, but you never know. I'd be up for a group of some sort. What's your genre? I have a fantasy manuscript finished, its sequel in draft form, and am starting the third to complete the trilogy. I also have a darker fantasy brewing on the back burner.

zoupskim likes this.
  3. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Greetings, welcome, and salutations to the Forum, sirette. :superhello:

That is the great thing about first drafts, you can always
    fix them.

Good luck with your works and I will C-ya around. :supersmile:
    TakeThis.jpg

zoupskim likes this.
  4. zoupskim

zoupskim Contributor Contributor

Sup!

I've written as hobby my whole life too! This forum is great for getting that focus and help that you need to plug the holes in your technical skill and get hat book done!

Creating a progress journal here will help you stay in touch with other people, and exist as a public declaration of your dedication to the work!

Picture this! A coven of magi discover magical time travel during the iron age, and begin traveling to the future to collect pieces of technology to improve the lives of their people, only to be foiled by omnipresent dragon cultists, that begin traveling through time as well in an effort the thwart human progress!

There's tons of skilled writers here, people like @OJB who writes a blog on the technical aspects of writing, or @BayView who's a published author.

You'll find every genre on Writing Forums, with people willing to help with every aspect of your story.

Welcome, and never forget to WRITE EVERY DAY!