1. Nilz_

Nilz_ New Member

Greetings!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Nilz_, Sep 12, 2017.

Hello!

This is...weird being here this late in my life. I don't know why I decided to wait until I was twenty one and fed up with being unappreciated on other sites like this (although to be unbiased, that could happen here, too) before deciding to sign up.
    I've been chasing this dream for over eight years, following and watching favored authors, comics/webcomics, animated cartoons (Western and Japanese), and trying my own hand at plethora of genres.

I've come to love the types that escape the binding restraints of reality. I've been tired of the redundant nature of daily life since I entered adulthood and secured a job in the medical field.
    As much as I love caring for the aged, proud soldiers of our country with every passing workday, my mind is always wandering into the "what if" parts of my subconcious.

Something fresh, unpredictable, exciting...dangerous. I think a lot of what I feel I am missing in my day-in and day-out agenda is real excitement.

I'm self-taught, unfortunately. I have no credible education to back up my desire and aspiration. I've been working on my own novel for a while now and I think I have it all figured out in my head, but I know this is not possible...it has its tropes, but as I have said to myself before pushing forward "Tropes are good if you approach them from a different angle.
    A cardinal sin in the writer's world is to mimic and expect it to be seen as inspiring and unique."

Anyway, I've been rambling for too long...if you've read it, thanks for following along.

2. archer88i

archer88i Banned Contributor

"This late in life." Pretty sure the average age here in 104 or so. :)

3. Nilz_

Nilz_ New Member

I think I feel that way because I have been told since I was little to join more social communities who are just as passionate about my hobbies. Often than not, I refused over and over for years. I've been mentally sheltered and scared to join in due to my own personal history making it hard to be apart of things like clubs, workshops, etc.

Only now have I finally grown up and said "Enough. I deserve to have this in my life just like anyone else."

4. Moon

Moon Contributor Contributor

Hallo, welcome to ze forum.