1. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

Greetings

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Merovingian, May 14, 2019.

I am French and started to write in English 2 years ago when I got the opportunity. I have done mostly short stories as the way forward to improve (Guides, review and fake news on a online game forum).
    I read a lot when I was young mostly science fiction (Arthur C. Clarke, Isaac Asimov, ...) but also mystery fictions (Agatha Christie). Then having kids, with an appetite for books, I got drawn back to YA literature (Club 7, famous 5, CHERUB, History Keeper, HP...).
    As I am not perfect I also enjoy Manga, French comics, Anime, tv series and movies as long as it has a good story telling, a science fiction and/or mystery background with a good artistic display. My preferred movie is Brazil from Terry Gilliam.

Ma'am, Alan Aspie and Maverick_nc like this.
  2. Maverick_nc

Maverick_nc Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the forums! I've already read some of your work and think you have a talent. I hope to read more soon.

All the best.
    NC

Merovingian likes this.
  3. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    :superhello:
    :superagree:
    TakeThis.jpg

Merovingian and Ma'am like this.
  4. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hello there!

ANOTHER person joins the forum who is fluent in more than just English. I am so impressed that people not only have more than one language, but can write so well in the second (or third) one. I'm afraid I'm a one-trick pony in that department.

Anyway, very welcome! I, too, have seen some of your posts thus far, and have been impressed by their quality.

Keep looking around and doing what you're already doing.

Just for reference, here is a quick link to our Rules and New Member Start Guide. It's difficult to take in everything at one go, so don't hesitate to refer to these if you have questions. And of course, feel free to 'start a conversation' with one of the Moderators if you have any questions you can't find an answer to. (The Moderators appear at the bottom of the Community page, in the Currently Active Members and the Members Who Have Visited in the Past 24 Hours sections. The Moderators' names appear in yellow.)

The forum site is multilayered, and there is much hidden from first view. Don't hesitate to explore around.

And have fun. :)

New Member Quick Start

Forum Rules

Cheers, Jan

By the way, here is a link to our Staff biographies. Not every member of staff has written a bio yet, but this will give you something to go on.

https://www.writingforums.org/faq/staff.68/

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    Merovingian and Cave Troll like this.
  5. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

Thanks. Yes I have more than one language to my bow, but I am cheating, I have been living in UK for the last 2 decades, so king of of forced to learn English. :D
    I have forum moderation experience, roaming around and dig up all sort of useful stuff was a speciality of mine...

Thanks
    Gee, thanks. That would be useful the kitty does have sharp teeth. :)

Cave Troll likes this.